Management accounting: Budgeting exam

MiaM
MiaM Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
I am taking my Budgeting exam on Tuesday, any tips would be much appreciated! Or just how easy/hard the exam was, I seem to be struggling on question 4 and 8 as they are the written tasks, am I the only one?!

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Getting used to the written format can be tricky.

The way I approached it is to pretend you're talking to someone who knows nearly nothing about the topic and therefore the implications.

The overall exam is not that bad though I understand if you find variances confusing to begin with, if you have access to it you could read part of the decision and control module as that also features variances more heavily and in more depth which can help with understanding.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • MiaM
    @Pian32 Thanks very much for your reply. My exam is tomorrow so I will try and brush up on this tonight! :)
  • Jay36598
    Jay36598 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited October 2021
    MiaM said:

I am taking my Budgeting exam on Tuesday, any tips would be much appreciated! Or just how easy/hard the exam was, I seem to be struggling on question 4 and 8 as they are the written tasks, am I the only one?!

You're not the only one. Today on 14 Oct 2021, I got my MABU results. Really feeling bad.
    On Task 4 I did "Borderline" and Task 8 I gor "Below Requirement". All other tasks I exceeded.

I'm especially feeling bad because I got mid-90%s in Costing and Management accounting in Level 2 and 3.

When you look at Examiner's report for MABU, task 4 and 8 are the amazingly worst scoring ones for candidates. My cynical side is slowing giving in and I'm thinking there's more to it behind the scences.
    I know I really shouldn't think like that.

I've taken all the AAT L2, L3, L4 exams and waiting for L4 results now. Another thing which I noticed was that, time wise, I never broke a sweat in any assessment, including L4 MDCL and L4 FSLC; but the only one in which I was sweating for time was L4 MABU. It's just not me or you, there's something about this exam.

I'll update when I get the rest of my assessment results.
    AAT Student Member, 2021
    L2 (93%), L3 (90%), L4 (on-going)
  • MiaM
    @Jay36598 I also got below requirement on tasks 4 and 8! They were definitely the most difficult ones but overall I got 83% so I'm happy with that =)
  • Jay36598
    Jay36598 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    MiaM said:

@Jay36598 I also got below requirement on tasks 4 and 8! They were definitely the most difficult ones but overall I got 83% so I'm happy with that =)

@MiaM - congratulations! Glad to see you're happy because that's most important in keeping the motivation going.

I got MDCL results yesterday, 80%. I was expecting slightly more because I felt I did quite well. How is your rest of the L4 looking?
    AAT Student Member, 2021
    L2 (93%), L3 (90%), L4 (on-going)
  • MiaM
    @Jay36598 Congratulations to you too!! The main thing is that it's a pass! :smiley: I took business tax as my first exam and unfortunately failed, I then did MABU and got 83%, I've just done MDCL and while I am awaiting my results for that, I have moved onto Financial statements of limited companies which I am finding very tricky but hopefully I will understand it eventually with a lot of practice!

How is the rest of the level looking for you?
Privacy Policy