Spreadsheets for accounting (SPSH) September 2021 onwards

JSmith
JSmith Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

I am wondering has anyone sat this exam since the Advanced Synoptic assessment has split into two exams? If so, how did you find it? There is only one practice exam on the AAT website but practicing the excel stuff from the older versions of the synoptic exams. Hearing anyone's experience would be appreciated.

Comments

• MomenaMalik
    MomenaMalik Registered Posts: 11
    Same here. Done my synoptic last week and now going to sit my spreadsheets soon. Any help will be grateful!
  • Annaoj90
    Annaoj90 Registered Posts: 16
    Yep me too, done my
    Synoptic last week and now going to sit my spreadsheet soon. Anyone sit the new spreadsheet yet? Would be great to hear any news .
  • Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did my spreadsheet as part of the old synoptic but looking at it I dont think there is much difference with the exception that it is all in 1 workbook rather than 2.

The questions look remarkably similar to the old style and as long as you follow the instructions you should do ok
  • Annaoj90
    Ok so it looks like new spreadsheet is not base on formula rather than accounting knowledge.... just one hope it's one workbook, shorther and hopefully will not get any problem with uploading and freezing...
  • PhilJRoo76
    PhilJRoo76 Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,
    Yeah, from the revision I'm doing with first intuition, it looks like the excel assessment is based more on your knowledge of excel and navigating around the excel database and using its functions and formulas. I'm going to sit this one first before the synoptics exam in November.
  • Annaoj90
    I sat Spreadsheet for Accounting today. This exam was based on excel knowledge using formulas and formatting data. It’s 2 hours for all tasks to be done but it took me less than hour to finish this off and manage to upload my spreadsheet and declaration. I hope I will be fine.
  • vladf
    vladf Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Hi All. Does anyone know how to download practice assessment Excel file without Surpass Viewer (SV). SV just doesn't work at all.
  • flavia_rinaldi8
    flavia_rinaldi8 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi, I sat the assessment last week. How long did it take for your results to be ready?
  • Annaoj90
    I’ve been told that up to 6 weeks but I’ve received my results after 5 weeks
Privacy Policy