Accounting software recommendations?

Rachelsls
Rachelsls Registered Posts: 9
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for online accounting software?

Many thanks

Comments

• douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I use VT+ and Taxfiler
  • VS1
    VS1 Registered Posts: 71
    We use SAGE 200 and I would recommend it, it's user friendly.
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Rachelsls said:

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for online accounting software?

Many thanks

What size/ type of clients do you have?
  • emma8021
    emma8021 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    I've just set my company up with Xero very user friendly and MTD compliant !
  • DanielYe
    DanielYe Registered Posts: 1
    Every Accounting Software has strengths and weakness. Therefore, you should choose right software to meet your business requirements.

According to my experience, Xero Software is good for Small Size company like Service Industries while QNE Accounting Software and Sage are good for bigger size companies such as Trading and Manufacturing Industries. Moreover, you can check their features and listen their customers stories in their websites to make the right decision.

Nowadays, Cloud Accounting Software are more popular than On-premise software but you should consider your budget for long-term.
  • ashakantaxharma
    ashakantaxharma Registered Posts: 9
    Zip Books, Sage, Quick Books, Wave, Xerox, FreeAgent etc.
    Asha Kanta Sharma
    +91-98642-72826
    Guwahati, Assam, India
  • StevenSCA
    StevenSCA Registered Posts: 6
    As all have said before, plenty out there.

Xero and Quickbook offer some great support. There user-friendly if you want to start getting you clients to do some of the work

They tap into Apps which can automate and make life easier Autoentry/Ebay/shopify/paypal etc etc
  • MrColeman
    MrColeman Registered Posts: 8
    Xero are increasingly biting into market leader Sage but there are all pretty good, try a few and use what works best for you - most offer free trials for a limited time.
  • KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Well we use VT+ in-house, but also QBO, Xero, Kashflow, SageOne, Freeagent, and Clearbooks (and possibly one or two others but much less frequently...)

In terms of how quickly I've picked them each up and how easy I personally find each to use, I'd say the (subjectively, naturally) best ones imho are Xero and QBO.

Although at the end of the day, I actually prefer to use VT+. Only downside there is the client has no visibility on anything being recorded; they just have to give us the books and we draw up the accounts and send them out to the client. I doubt VT will ever create an online cloud version though, given how many cloud accounting software packages there already are (including all the ones I've listed above)
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • dennyleo
    dennyleo Registered Posts: 3
    edited June 2022
    Small businesses have a lot of options when it comes to accounting software. However, the one that is best for your business might not be the best for another small business. It can be tough to decide which software to choose, but there are a few things you should keep in mind.

The first thing you need to do is determine what features are important to you. Do you need something that can handle invoicing and billing? Do you need software that can track inventory? Are you looking for something that is easy to use and doesn't require a lot of training?

Once you know what features are important, do some research on the different software programs available. Look at reviews and see what other small businesses have had to say about the different programs. Ask around for recommendations from people who have experience using different programs.

I've been using Quickbooks online for a while. You may be wondering if you should use Quickbooks online or another accounting software. Here are some things to consider:

Quickbooks online is a cloud-based program that allows you to manage your finances from anywhere. It is easy to use and can be customized to meet your specific needs.

If you are looking for a program that is affordable and easy to use, Quickbooks online or QuickBooks Hosting is a good choice. It also has excellent customer service, so you can get help if you need it.
    I am Denny Leo. I work as a technical content manager at QbDesktopHosting, which is an all-inclusive QuickBooks Desktop hosting service.
Privacy Policy