Synoptic grade weighting / How do the re-sits work for a Synoptic? (Advanced Diploma)

Imali
Imali Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Say I failed a Synoptic, when I re-take it, does the grade I get in the re-sit only counts towards my average or do they take both into account?

Also, is the Synoptic grade given higher weighting when taken into account to calculate the overall diploma grade?

Comments

• davealucas
    davealucas Registered Posts: 140 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Only the synoptic exam that you pass will count towards your average and, yes the synoptic does have a higher weighting towards your final average.
  • Imali
    Thank you for your reply. Would you happen to know what the weighting is compared to the other components? I could not find this information anywhere...
  • Bearders1870
    Bearders1870 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    If you log into AAT using your username/password...and go to 'See My Progress', this gives your progress to date, and the weighting for each module. On that page is also a tool to estimate your final grade.
  • Imali
    Hello again, Thank you for that. I have found the calculator. So, I understand that the Spreadsheets for Accounting Assessment result does not contribute to the overall grade?
  • Imali
    Hi, I have just found an answer to my question in the qualification specification document:

'Spreadsheets for Accounting’ is the only assessment in this qualification that will not contribute
    towards the overall qualification grade. The assessment will be graded as pass / unclassified only.
    Students must successfully achieve the assessment in order to gain the qualification.

Privacy Policy