MAAT to FMAAT

Gingerninja
Gingerninja Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
I’ve been a full member of AAT (MAAT) for five years now and have been invited to apply for Fellow status (FMAAT).

I’ve looked at the website but can see no discernible difference between the two?

Apart from paying AAT yet more money (£179 membership) what exactly is gained from FMAAT membership?

Comments

• PhilHallAAT
    PhilHallAAT Registered, Moderator Posts: 80 mod
    Becoming an AAT Fellow (FMAAT) enables you to add the internationally recognised letters FMAAT after your name. This is the highest AAT designation you can achieve, demonstrating you have the senior experience, advanced expertise and sustained professionalism it takes to be a leader in the finance industry.

The £179 membership fee is not in addition to the MAAT fee, it's instead of the MAAT fee. It is also only marginally higher than the £167 MAAT membership fee.

You will also receive a range of additional discounts on events and training.

Please note that the membership fee will increase on 1 September 2022 so if you would like to become a Fellow I'd urge you to sign up now.

Hope that helps.
  • Gingerninja

Becoming an AAT Fellow (FMAAT) enables you to add the internationally recognised letters FMAAT after your name. This is the highest AAT designation you can achieve, demonstrating you have the senior experience, advanced expertise and sustained professionalism it takes to be a leader in the finance industry.

The £179 membership fee is not in addition to the MAAT fee, it's instead of the MAAT fee. It is also only marginally higher than the £167 MAAT membership fee.

You will also receive a range of additional discounts on events and training.

Please note that the membership fee will increase on 1 September 2022 so if you would like to become a Fellow I'd urge you to sign up now.

Hope that helps.

Cheers thank you.

I do hope whatever percentage increase in membership fees AAT impose in these extraordinary times is met with an equal percentage rise in pay for their staff.

• cswannell
    cswannell Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Its 7% and its highly unlikely an employer would give a 7% pay increase because your now FMAAT rather than MAAT.

However its highly likely they'll cover the £12.
  • Gingerninja
    I wasn’t referring to a pay rise for me.

I was saying I hoped that whatever rise AAT put onto their membership prices, their staff would see an equivalent rise of at least the same in percentage terms.

So a 7% rise in membership prices should be reflected in a 7% rise in the salaries of AAT staff.

AAT do little enough to justify their membership prices, so it’s not unreasonable to expect that any rise is passed directly onto staff, especially given the current financial situation.
Privacy Policy