Sage Accounts Reports

Options
jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Is it possible to produce custom P & L reports in Sage 50. My client wants to see totals for each type of sales on his rather than a total sales figure. If you can is it fiddly?

I am going to see him later and as I don't have Sage myself I'd like to go forearmed so I'm not there all evening.

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    You can set up different nominal codes for each type of sale so that when you print the TB it shows the sales for each sales type. If you want a P and L account for each sale type that's more complicated - possible but fiddly. You need to set up a new COA for each sales type that you want to report on and then nominal codes for everything within that, ie you'll need a separate sales code, a purchase code and any related expense codes. THEN you need to remember to post everything to the right code.

I used to do this for one of my clients a couple of years ago. I don't know whether Sage has moved on since then to enable it to be done in a less fiddly way.
  • Diddy Mau
    Diddy Mau Registered Posts: 238 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Jilt.

I agree with Coojee.
    you need to first generate/re-name a different nominal code for each indervidual sale, that shows each indervidual item
    eg
    4001 Bricks, 4002 sand etc...
    then make a copy of the COA and alter this to match what they require.
    I do this now, it can be done, but takes a little time ensuring everything is there
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thanks guys, already had the nominal codes so he could see the value of each type of sale from the TB. I arrived at my client's at 6pm last night and by the time I'd finished with his queries, amendments and redoing his COA it was 8pm! :ohmy: Ate late again!
Privacy Policy