DFS Woes!

Options
welshwizard
welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Well what does anyone think of today's DFS?

Answers on a postcard to.............................................. :crying:

Comments

• SalG
    SalG Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I didn't think it was too bad really. Things in section 1 seemed to go well, I'm just hoping my explainations for the ratios were OK.
  • mowzer
    mowzer Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought this was a pretty good one, especially after pev horror on monday!

The written questions had all appeared in exams before, including the basic questions in the report, so we should have all had loads of practice. Just gotta hope the ratio explanations are good enough...

I'm really chuffed that i got to write the definitions of assets etc, spent ages memorising n was convinced had wasted my time

:001_smile:
  • pensilnek
    pensilnek Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi there,

Just to set my mind at ease can someone please help me out, its about question 2.1, i've convinced myself that I read the question wrong.

was it:-

2.1a) the equations?
    2.1b) the calculations
    2.1c) comments on how they've changed and how the management are doing
    2.1d) how they could be improved

I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me.

Many thanks
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I had a really bad DFS day, I am not a very well railway travelled person and got in a complete muddle with the train this morning and missed it - or rather I watched it stop and didn't get on it because I didn't think it was the right one. :blushing: I asked somebody when the next train to Manchester Piccadilly was and they told me it would arrive at Manchester at 9.50 am - 20 minutes after the start of the exam.... so I tried to telephone the college where I was sitting the exam but the phone lines are down.... I rang Liverpool Kaplan and they said they would send an email explaining my situation but would not say wether it would still be okay to sit the exam.
    I arrived at Piccadilly @ 9.47 am and legged the usual 15 minute walk to the college ( not easy when you are my age) Arrived at the building to be told there are no elevators as the power was down - hence no phones on - up 6 flights of stairs to find the exam has not started due to no lighting. We were all moved to different premises, rooms had to be set up and the exam started at 10 .15 am. The moral of this story is - something good always comes from something bad !
    The paper, it was an okay paper but I think I made a couple of stupid errors which I will claim is soley down to the fiasco of me getting there!!!

Jackie
  • mowzer
    mowzer Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    pensilnek wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just to set my mind at ease can someone please help me out, its about question 2.1, i've convinced myself that I read the question wrong.

was it:-

2.1a) the equations?
    2.1b) the calculations
    2.1c) comments on how they've changed and how the management are doing
    2.1d) how they could be improved

I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me.

Many thanks

Yeah i'm fairly sure that is what it said, its what i answered anyway!
  • emjane72
    emjane72 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi

I have to say I was quite relieved when I read through the questions. The paper was very similar to past papers. I'm glad they picked the less complicated ratios too! Overall I thought it was quite a fair paper and came out feeling quite confident.

I also had a nightmare getting to the venue! I had to drive from Cheshire to my old college in Burton on Trent, Staffordshire and hadn't estimated the time of the journey very well. I got there with 9 minutes to spare!

I have PCR tomorrow at the same venue so will be leaving earlier!

Good luck to everybody with the results and fingers crossed we have all passed!

Emma
Privacy Policy