Diploma vs. NVQ Route...

Evemberuk
Evemberuk Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Im swaying towards the distance learning diploma as other commitments prevent me from studying away from home on a regular basis (young family).

Ive read up alot on both but i was wondering it anyone had some final nuggets of information or warnings from having experienced it regarding distance learning.

:thumbup:

Thank you!

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Are you currently working in an accounts environment? The diploma route was set up for students who are not working in accounts but otherwise the NVQ route would be more beneficial.
  • CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    The good thing about the diploma route is that you don't have to put together the dreaded portfolio - which I gather is a lot of work and hassle. The downside is that you have to do the Accounting Ethics unit which is a bit of a bore.

Good luck whatever you decide. :001_smile:
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    accounting ethics will either have to be done at this level, or at a higher level should you decide to go on with your education.

i believe that it is a simple online course for acca (if you need it) ?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Did you decide on a route to take? I am in the same boat. Have just paid a lot of money to do the Diploma route by distance learning as it is the easiest way for me juggling young kids and husband. If you are doing distance learning, which learning provider did you chose? I'm beginning to wonder what I paid mine for exactly, will probably change for the Advanced certificate
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Am in working in practise but studying deploma pathway.

I may get confused looks but only work in a very small accounting office and am funding this my self with help from the govenment.

this route suits me as you get a qualifaction at the end that is as much reconised as the other routes. Also its only a couple of hours a week at college which they can arrange child care around it.

Any more info needed and if i can help please pm me :001_smile:
Privacy Policy