ATT results

Options
Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Well I got my personal tax, paper 1. Didn't get the ethics, paper 7.

Feel abit naff :crying: back to the drawing board....

Regards

Dean

Comments

• Julia Crouch
    Julia Crouch Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Dean

Congratulations on passing your exam.:thumbup:

Could I ask, did you gain any exemptions with AAT when you registered with ATT?

I started ACCA and passed most of level 2 but had to stop because I have gone into practice on my own and you are not allowed to study ACCA when that happens, and so I have been thinking about ATT, as I need more theory in this area.

Also do you distance learn or attend seminars?

Julia
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Well done Dean on getting paper 1.
    Don't get despondent, you are so nearly there!
    As you and I both know, it's such a step up from AAT and to study, work and juggle family life on top all at the same time is no mean feat!

A big pat on the back to you!:thumbup:

Sharon
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congrats on the paper 1.

Failing ethics means you will probably do well in practice!!

:thumbup1:

p.s. Julia, AAT exempts you from the accounting paper at ATT but nothing else as far as I am aware.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Dean - Congratulations on passing paper 1.

Julia - Let me know if you decide to start studying ATT, I've just registered with Tolleys to start studying paper 1.

Sue
  • Dean
    Options
    Thanks for your support guys! Feeling a little better today.

I had the letter of confirmation come through and not sure if it makes it better or worse but I missed out by 5 marks!

Just telling myself, 3 down with 1 to go. I'm probably being a little hard on myself, it's a personal thing - first time i've failed anything since I was 16. Still i'm going to use it as a learning curve for the future, I think i'm going to continue to CTA level and I know most people don't pass that first time. Hopefully i'll be better prepared then.
    p.s. Julia, AAT exempts you from the accounting paper at ATT but nothing else as far as I am aware.

With the introduction of the new syllabus there are no longer any expemtions. Accounting is now split across papers 2 & 3.

Once again, thanks for your kind words :001_smile:

Regards

Dean
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    congrats on paper 1 :001_smile: and commiserations on paper 7 :crying:
    you're not wrong about it being good practice for CTA - when I was at EY one year 7 people sat the CTA exams (all very intellegent people who worked their little socks off), and only one passed! put me off for life!
    good luck with it all :)
  • Dean
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    congrats on paper 1 :001_smile: and commiserations on paper 7 :crying:
    you're not wrong about it being good practice for CTA - when I was at EY one year 7 people sat the CTA exams (all very intellegent people who worked their little socks off), and only one passed! put me off for life!
    good luck with it all :)

Many thanks Jodie :001_smile:
Privacy Policy