Partnership to Limited

Nina Chun
Nina Chun Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ?

I am changing my husbands company from a partnership to a ltd company. I have downloaded Forms 10 and 12 from Companies House. But I think I have made a mistake.

I have got our solicitor to draft the Articles of Association they advised me it would be 7hours work at £155 p/h. Is this to expensive? Are there any other ways I can do this, bearing in mind I have never done this before.


Best Regards



  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624
    You can adopt the standard style articles issued by your formation agents rather than pay the solicitors a fortune.

    Kind regards

    Actually having reread your question, I don't think you have used a formation agent. It maybe worthwhile using one of these and it will be practically all done for you. Formations Direct and Jordans are 2 that spring to mind and can be done far, far less cheaper than £800+
  • Nina Chun
    Nina Chun Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ?
    Hello Peugeot,

    Thankyou for this, when our solicitor quoted this I did think this was a lot of money.

    Best Regards

  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809
    £35 plus VAT using this link. I use them all the time. Your company will be up and running within a few hours.
Privacy Policy