Bpp?

Options
becca77
becca77 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi, i am currently studying the intermediate at a local college which is hopeless, all of our class bar 6 failed unit 7 one teacher is new and the other one is biased to the ones who do get it, not much help for the ones that dont!!!

Anyway, obviously I would like to find another college do learn the Technician stage and I wondered if BPP is any good? Ive looked at their site which says it offers weekend revision which is brilliant can anyone recommend them, or somewhere else? I am currently in East London/ Essex I would travel to Central London, or pretty much anywhere really.

Thanks.:001_rolleyes:

Comments

• 80sGuitarSolo
    80sGuitarSolo Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I did my intermediate at a college, and switched to BPP for technician, and it was much better. I was lucky enough to get day release from my work, and BPP cover each units in 3 or 4 days, and then you are left to your own study leading up to the exams (unless you do a revision course with them too).
  • SueChibeba
    SueChibeba Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hello,

Yes i would recommend BPP they are brilliant, i used to study with mid kent college but wish i had gone with BPP all the way now

Sue
  • mitch
    mitch Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    HI,

It depends if u want to learn full time or just day relise.
    Full time BPP is brilliant and go for it otherwise part time/day relise is waste of money.

Good Luck.:thumbup1:
  • becca77
    Options
    Thanks everyone :thumbup:
  • antz_05
    antz_05 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    hi bec

i studied intermediate at havering college which is by Gidea Park station, found the tutors there to be brilliant and really helping. am now studying with FTC who are also quite good. can recommend them both quite highly.
  • becca77
    Options
    Hi Antz,

Ill give them a call and ask for a prospectus, thanks :thumbup1:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    This is how GREAT BPP tutors are.

I got 100% in my mock auditing skills test this morning.

This is thanks to the great tutors at BPP.

Speegs
  • becca77
    Options
    Congratulation Speegs!:thumbup:

Thanks
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Thanks Becca. The only problem is that now I have to full of 100% again next week in the actual, when I will be nervous.

On Tuesday I also get my unit 33 results, and there is no chance that I have passed that so I might be on a real downer! :(
  • xxSaffronxx
    xxSaffronxx Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Im about to switch to BPP as my experience with FTC has not been good!

1) We had a tutor walk out on us 2 weeks before an exam
    2) They took our study notes off us so that they could publish new ones as there were so many errors
    3) They gave us the tutors notes (with the answers in!) as there was such a mess up with the study notes (as above)
    4) The number of errors in their publishing is awful. Sometimes there are the odd typos, but this takes the biscuit. Especially when you are checking your answers against theirs and spend hours on pulling your hair out - only to find out their answers were wrong

Boo, hiss to FTC!!!
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    hey there saffron,

as a distance learner, i have used study texts from both providers.

while i think ftc are useless at providing customer service, their textbooks are much better than bpp.
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    BPP's homestudy is an absolute shambles - I can't wait to finish Tech and go to another provider.

I have only been on 1 revision course (PEV/PCR) and that was terrible too - the tutor didn't have a clue. I found it particularly shocking that she added ยฃ5,500 and ยฃ5,500 and gave the answer as ยฃ13,000!!!! :-o
  • becca77
    Options
    Hi Speegs,

Im sure you will do fine in your test, and im sure you passed your unit 33, good luck with the results, and i hope the test goes well.
  • xxSaffronxx
    xxSaffronxx Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi

I have not used BPP for homestudy. But my experience for taught FTC classes is not good im afraid
  • Baggybird
    Baggybird Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Saffron

I was thinking about studying at FTC locally (West Midlands). Where was the FTC you have problems with?
  • sunny
    sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    BPP is good.

Totally agree with you.
    That's the reason why I switched to BPP. Especially when you are learning by home study, those errors in the FTC answers are awful! That's made my study extremely hard at certificate level.
    Im about to switch to BPP as my experience with FTC has not been good!

1) We had a tutor walk out on us 2 weeks before an exam
    2) They took our study notes off us so that they could publish new ones as there were so many errors
    3) They gave us the tutors notes (with the answers in!) as there was such a mess up with the study notes (as above)
    4) The number of errors in their publishing is awful. Sometimes there are the odd typos, but this takes the biscuit. Especially when you are checking your answers against theirs and spend hours on pulling your hair out - only to find out their answers were wrong

Boo, hiss to FTC!!!
  • sharon
    sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    speggs i know this is really really cheeky! But you are a brain box! Have you got any notes on MAC or DFS!????
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Ive used BPP for home study without problems. It was the Post Office who caused the problems... they lost my final draft of the project!
  • rebeccas
    rebeccas Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I studied Intermediate at Barking College and I found them ABSOLUTELY useless and ended up giving up, now I have gone to study with FTC and completed my Intermediate in 6 months. Whilst I agree that FTC's customer service can be a bit shoddy at times (depends who you speak to!) their revision classes are excellent!

I go to London Bridge to study which isnt too far too travel, and they offer weekend courses as well.

The best person to contact is Karen Stroud - by far the most helpful copntact at FTC London!
Privacy Policy