Salary after completing AAT?

Options
13»

Comments

• Sarah Ripepr
    Sarah Ripepr Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    :ohmy:

Hi - I am in east anglia and I earn 14K! I am 20 and have 4 years experience in practice, i went straight into a job after i left school at 16 - I have 1 exam left to do on technician.

I currently run a small office with 2 data entry clerks under me and I do all accounts work from additional data entry right up to final accounts and preparation and submission of tax returns - I work 40 hours a week

I am way underpaid it seems! Anyone know of any jobs going around here??
  • mowzer
    mowzer Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It seems to me that everyone feels underpaid in practice.

I work in practice and have just completed technician and got my payrise - i now earn 15k, whereas my friend just starting foundation in industry is already on 18.5k.

The reason for this is that my employers are now paying for me to do ACA, which is really expensive and they will lose out on approx 12 weeks a year of my chargeable time (£28p/h).

When you look at what my qualifications will cost the small partnership I work for, and add that to my salary, it would probably sound a lot more reasonable.

The long term rewards that will come from working in practice are definitely worth a couple of years of poverty, right now I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else!!

:001_smile:
Privacy Policy