Ebay

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
When I just logged into my ebay account I had to register if I used my account for private or business purposes.

Interesting, stand by for a flood of new internet retailing clients with HMR&C enquiries:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Poodle

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I could be wrong (it's been known :blushing:) but I seem to remember reading an article whereby Ebay were compelled to provide HMRC with details of users who completed over and above a certain number of sale transactions within a certain time period.

You've been warned!!
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well HMRC have been monitoring ebay for a few years, investigating those who appear to be earning their living from it.
  • Dave
    Dave Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    They used to send a letter to sellers who broke the personal allowance threshold, saying they would have to delare earnings to HMRC. I presume its gone into more detail now by the looks of it lol.
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    More clients for us????? :thumbup::thumbup:

Claudia
  • PaulPSB
    PaulPSB Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I could be wrong (it's been known :blushing:) but I seem to remember reading an article whereby Ebay were compelled to provide HMRC with details of users who completed over and above a certain number of sale transactions within a certain time period.

You've been warned!!

Yep

HMRC served Ebay with a writ to supply the details of all sellers with multiple and/or high value transactions.

:ohmy:
  • AatAbi
    AatAbi Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Fair enough, why not?!! make money, pay tax, all will benefit.
Privacy Policy