Auditing Simulation Help

Options
peugeot
peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
For those of you who are completing the auditing simulation at technician level, can I point you to a recent published article of mine which may help you. Another AAT student is undergoing her audit module and she seemed to find it useful, so I thought I'd put a link to it for you so you may benefit from it also.

Please feel free to leave feedback either at the bottom of the article where you can post comments, or via PM.

http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/cms/news/read/an_overview_of_auditing/

Best wishes
Steve

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oh Steve

You are funny. Surely all we have to do to pass the auditing sim it to watch YOUR Amarillo spoof.

:lol::lol:

Speegs
  • peugeot
    Options
    I don't think my article is as entertaining as the accountant in the video but it sure would help you pass the simulation much better!!

Kind regards
    Steve
  • speegs
    Options
    I did pass my simulation first time, after getting 100% in the mock sim. I am such a swot.

LOL
  • peugeot
    Options
    That's excellent. Perhaps you could share (if you don't mind) how you achieved this to benefit others i.e. how you learnt the auditing process and applied this to the scenarios in the simulation. Auditing is technically demanding - I know when I write about it I find certain areas incredibly complex - so students that do struggle with it may benefit from your experience.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • speegs
    Options
    Well the thing is.... I really am a SWOT.

I took my study text from BPP and went through it cover to cover.

Any questions I answered incorrectly I left for a two or three days and then went back to them to try again.

I then purchased the Kaplan book and answered all the "exam technique" questions by using the information learned from the BPP book. This way I wasn't getting too used to questions and just learning them parrot fashion.

I also did every single mock paper I could get my hands on.

So, in my case it really was about hard slog studying.

Speegs
  • speegs
    Options
    I also personally found that auditing seemed to be common sense.

I found that it you stated what seemed obvious you were probably right.

Speegs
  • mrsaat
    mrsaat Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Removed
  • peugeot
    Options
    Mrsaat,

I'm sorry your opinion of us is so low. However, for some people these forums and the contributors are a fundamental necessity and some people go to a lot of trouble in helping those who are finding their studies difficult.

We are all entitled to our opinion - however your comments are uncalled for and have been reported to the AAT. I would therefore suggest that unless you can contribute in a more tactful manner, then you shouldn't contribute at all.

Steve.
Privacy Policy