PTC or BTC which to take on june

Options
ani-ari
ani-ari Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Hi

PTC or BTC
I need some advice on which one to take in June.
My college doesn't do tax but I am thinking to do it myself and don't know with which one I will get more exemption at ACCA.

Also I wanted to know if it is possible to study with just past papers and pass it??

where do you get the information that changes every year about Tax calculation

Thank you for your time and your advice

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    If your not doing auditing, youll need to do both to get the AAT.
    Does the college do AAT, or just units of it? If they do the full AAT, they must be doing one of the tax units.

I dont see how you can study with just past exam papers, all they do is question what youve learnt, so where is the learning part?
    You can do them by distance learning.
  • sunny
    sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I remember that Auditing and Company tax would be helpful for your ACCA exemption.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    If your not doing auditing, youll need to do both to get the AAT.

No. There are four optional units at Technician and you need to complete two of them. If you don't do Auditing you'll need to take one of the tax units.

ACCA give exemptions based on the completion of the AAT course; which units you take are irrelevant.

In any case, this question has been asked and answered many times before here and I'm sure that details of exemptions are also given on the ACCA website.
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    No. There are four optional units at Technician and you need to complete two of them. If you don't do Auditing you'll need to take one of the tax units.

Ive just checked, it depends which route your doing.
    Im doing diploma, & there are only 3 to chooses from.
    NVQ has the addition of Credit Control, which is at intermediate for diploma.

I have been told by people that teach AAT, that unless you already work in auditing, the auditing unit is more difficult, & potentially of less use than the other units.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Ah, fair enough, I didn't know that. Hardly worth having options when it's two from three :huh:
Privacy Policy