Tax Returns

I have forgotten - can I still submit returns for 2006-2007 online now?

A subbie (its always a subbie isnt it) bless him, sent his unsigned return to HMRC last May with all his receipts (and none of the forms filled in!!!) and then moved house......

Have finally got his old return and receipts back from HMRC, and about to complete it for him - do I really have to do it by hand? Especially as the form has only got the s/e pages and he needs employment pages as well.

Also, as the incomplete return was date-stamped last May, do you reckon I will have any success in fighting the £100 penalty? He did make reasonable attempts to tell them that he had moved - he has got copy emails that he sent to them.

Any thoughts much appreciated.



  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    I have submitted two late returns online with no problems.
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275
    Thanks TC - I will give it a try and see what happens.

    Will 6 April make any difference - ie once the next year's returns can be submitted?

Privacy Policy