2007-08 Personal Tax Returns

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All

HMRC released the new tax returns yesterday and I was wondering if anyone could make sense of the new Capital Gains Tax supplementary pages (for individuals). They are completely different to previous years forms and the forms that BPP told us to learn for PTC unit 19.

Speegs

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hey Speegs

Try here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/worksheets/sa150.pdf

Might help a little

Vic :001_smile:
  • speegs
    Options
    Thanks Vic

I actually have the HUGE Self Assessment Tax Returns Guide 2008 (lucky me) with this information in it, but I just wondered what people thought of the new CGT form. On the old one you used to have to enter every disposal, but they seems to have done away with that, or am I looking at the wrong form.

Speegs
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Big Changes a Foot

No Probs

It would seem HMRC are now becoming user friendlier havnt really had a look through sa yet but what i have noticed as far as payroll ect is concerned they are trying to reduced the amount of work involved maybe this is the same case!
  • speegs
    Options
    I think you are right. Though they have said that with CGT you must submit all computations.

I can just see it now. HMRC will have to employ exam markers to try to decifer all the weird and wonderful ways of computing CGT that people will try to submit.

:lol::lol::lol: Good luck HMRC :thumbup:
Privacy Policy