New logo and headed paper

Options
claudialowe
claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Has anyone else done anything about the new logo and their headed paper?

I have just read the guidelines and you can only use black, white and green as colours. Royal blue is the colour that I have always used, and any of those three (well the second would be invisible!) would look just pants - as though it was something that I had cut and pasted together myself.

Before any of you suggest it - I have emailed the AAT asking whether this really is the case.

Dean as you obviously into man con at the moment - do you have any bright ideas.

A rather disgruntled.....

Claudia

Comments

• Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I hate the new logo.:cursing:

I almost cried when my new MIP certificate came through last year, the previous one looked so much more professional, distiguised even.

When the new logo was announced I had only just had loads of stationery printed and I still have some left. I seem to remember something about us having 2 years to transfer.

My corporate colour is mauve so I just cannot wait to see what green looks like next to that:thumbdown:. I used black before and that was fine.

Poodle
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I was in the "fortunate" position at the time when the new logo came out that I was just getting my headed paper printed and I chose the green option.
    It is rather annoying though when you are restricted to certain colours.
    It sounds like from previous threads on this subject that other MIP's have had to change their headed paper or have just had a batch printed before the new logo came out.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I must admit I am not a huge fan of the new logo but I don't have it on my headed paper in any case.

As for the colour, well.. why would they let you use any colour other than black, white or their chosen green?

Do you know how much they paid to get someone to find that 'special' green?

You can't just bypass all that er.. work and choose your own colour.
  • claudialowe
    Options
    Dean - last time you could use whatever colour you wanted to use - ie in my case the same colour as the rest of my headed paper.

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Claudia
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The old AAT logo wasnt actually a 'graphic' logo, it was just the letters in a specific font. The new logo is a graphic, & so isnt changeable by the user.

Most organisations put their 'memebership' logos & details at the bottom of letters, invoices etc, using the small versions of the relevant logos.
  • claudialowe
    Options
    I have now heard back from AAT and it has to be those colours :mad2: so now I have got to think about what to do......

Claudia
Privacy Policy