Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 4 (Level 8 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Unit 10 Project - Word count

phunkyphantom22phunkyphantom22 Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 166
Hi!

Which sections of the Project count towards your 4,000 words?

Obviously not the title, appendices list etc. but I wondered if anyone knew which sections I should be counting?

Comments

• karenvkarenv Well-Known Registered Posts: 114
    Everything except the items in the appendix.
  • phunkyphantom22phunkyphantom22 Well-Known Registered Posts: 166
    So you can include the background, exec. summary etc then?
  • karenvkarenv Well-Known Registered Posts: 114
    I was told to include everything i.e background, exec summary, improvements section etc etc... the only things not counted were the items you put in the appendix e.g swot, flow charts,etc.

So if you want to add some extra detail to clarify your project they are best added to the appendix.
  • welshwizardwelshwizard Trusted Regular South WalesRegistered Posts: 465
    Hi

I would say better to have 3800 word of relevant stuff than 4200 of irrelevant cr*p. That's what our tutor told us.

Yikes I get mine signed off Monday :ohmy:
  • *Sarah**Sarah* Well-Known Registered Posts: 172
    Talking of word counts does anyone know how to do a word count on a selection of text in word rather than the count it gives you at the bottom which is for the whole document?

Sarah x
  • AdamRAdamR Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 668
    highlight the text you want to count if it's in word. don't no about other word processors though
  • *Sarah**Sarah* Well-Known Registered Posts: 172
    nice one, cheers Adam. 3002 words and only my executive summary to complete now so not bad going :-)