Does anyone need any help?

Options
SarahS
SarahS Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I'm a AAT member and gained my qualification in 2000. I have 12 years experience in industry and have recently sat my final CIMA examinations. I am employed part-time within the civil service. I have a 3 year old daughter and am expecting child number 2 in the autumn and will be taking time off as maternity leave and also a couple of months unpaid.

I am looking to broaden my horizons and am considering branching out into self employment at some stage. I take care of my husbands accounts (self employed) and feel I am very competent in bookkeeping and general accounting for sole traders and SMEs. I take care of my husband's self assessment tax return which is straight forward but presently I would not feel competent in undertaking these on behalf of clients as my knowledge on losses, CGT etc is very rusty. I also need to brush up on partnership accounts but don't feel too daunted by this.

Before I officially decide to go it alone, I would like to gain more confidence and brush up my skills. I was wondering if anyone currently needed any help with bookkeeping on a sub contractor basis? I am based in Worcestershire and am only looking for around 5 hours work per week at the moment.

If anyone is interested, or has any experience/advice to offer, please drop me a PM.

Sarah
Privacy Policy