BIG gap between AAT Foundation and Intermediate?

Options
TrumpBoy
TrumpBoy Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Is there a really big gap between Foundation and Intermediate? As practically everybody say it is a massive difference between 2 levels, so are they just make it sounds big thing?

Thanks for your answer.

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I studied both levels and yes there is a difference in workload - Intermediate has a higher workload - but I would not say that it is a BIG difference.

It is the same as GCSEs and AS levels. Just increased workload. The foundation has already given the grounding for the first few weeks of work and I found it alot easier to follow than those who went straight into Intermediate from other areas.

Hope this helps
  • CHUNKYMONKEY
    CHUNKYMONKEY Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i didnt think there was much of a gap between the first and second year. The latter just seemed to repeat alot of the first year only a bit more indepth. Sort of felt confusing and pointless for a while ,then all of a sudden you got to final year and went aHHHH!!! thats why, lol, and strangely things that seemed hard to get a grasp of earlier just fell into place when I knew why.
    But then again, I like to know why everything is done as its part of my nature.

Well worth doing though, good luck for next year, you'll love it.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i have found all of aat to be extremely progressive.

having said that, i must admit that taxation is in a different zone altogether, you just need to put the hours in !!!

one day, you will look back and ask yourself "what was all the fuss about ?"
  • TrumpBoy
    TrumpBoy Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cheers.. thanks, its help me a lot to relaxing lol..

Guess I'll looking forward to next year, as more workload, as its sound strange, but I find Foundation's a bit boring cos got few works to do..

Once again, thank you for your replies.

TB
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There is a jump between Foundation and Intermediate - especially the costing side - but believe me, there is a huuuuuuuuuggge difference between Intermediate and Technician - be prepared to work your socks off! Good luck!
  • Maybes
    Maybes Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The gap between intermediate and technician is very noticeable. Specially the bloody tax exams:mad2:
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

I found there was quite a big gap between certificate and advanced certificate, but it was not exactly impossible to do. The gap between advanced certificate and diploma, was big for cost accounting, but easy for financial accounting.

The easy options I found where:

Cash management and credit control

Auditing

Personal Tax

Speegs
Privacy Policy