How do we think PEV went?

Options
ally29
ally29 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
Not allowed details until after 3pm I think, but in general how do you think it was?

Feel free to PM me with further details.

Ally

Comments

• Honey
    Honey Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Oh, I could kick myself, totally stuffed up section 2. Don't know how I did it, worked so hard. Oh well on to BTC now.
    :mad2:
    H
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi, I thought it was better than I expected, but the bits I thought i would struggle on was ok, and the bits I thought I knew I didnt :mad2:

Thought section 2 was worse!!
  • confused!!
    Options
    Me too, wth section 2, i didnt have a clue :-(
  • Han
    Han Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I'm glad that it's not just me that thought section 2 was horrible. I think it was task 2.2 what I really couldn't do! I wonder if getting that question wrong means you fail everything?
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Er, well I answered everything, but I had to make up one of the answers and unsure about a few bits.

Roll on 3pm when we can discuss!

mi|kshake~
  • PEEmery2000
    PEEmery2000 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    section 1 great
    section 2 - 2.1 great but what the hell was that 2.2 all about
  • confused!!
    Options
    same here for 2.2.... i think it was a really mean question!!!!!!!!!

I feel my head may just explode with stress! lol: ohmy:
  • accountschic
    accountschic Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pev!!

Agree with everyone, Section 2 especially the Turbines" Doh awful!!
    If I ever see a turbine I will always think of that paper!

Some things I felt waeker at went well, some I thought ok I know I messes up.

Roll on later we can can vent properly!!

:001_rolleyes:
  • accountschic
    accountschic Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yeah my head exploding too!!!!!!!!!!!:001_unsure:
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yup section 1 was pretty straight forward and as seen before.....but section 2.2 - boy - thats was a toughy! I think the question has only come up once before in the exams....... I just made it up as I went along!

Wouldn't worry until August when exams are out! Otherwise you'll be stressing on what other people answered and compare them to your own!

Remember that even if you get the answer wrong, AAT still award points on the wrong things if where you were going with them was right and that your workings are correct blah blah blah! (If you read Dec 07 examiners report it tells you this) They also now take into consideration stress and nerves and mark you overall on the paper as a whole.

Good luck with all the other exams x
  • mjp
    mjp Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    glad everyone else thinks the same. section 2 really bad! too much to think about.
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Yep! thats pretty much how I feel but hey ho what can I do about it except resit if I have to :thumbdown:
  • aatbabe
    aatbabe Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yeah not too sure how I feel. Section 1 was was good but agree with section 2.2, I calculated what I thought was right but have no clue if its correct, have had no practice at any question like this.

Overall though I think it went ok can't wait until we get the results now, such a bummer about the long waiting time!!

:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:
  • Nich
    Nich Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I took this as a re-take, last time i failed section 1 and passed section 2- this time i think it might be the other way around!!
  • aina2
    aina2 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yeah, section 2 I am afraid of. Section 1 surprisingly straight forward but section 2 had no practice at all at that.
  • snooop
    snooop Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    unlike dec exam section one was straight forward. Never expected section two to be like this! refer to this refer to that :mad2:
  • pennie moore
    pennie moore Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well im with everyone else section 2.2 omg ! really think i failed cause that one ! still time will tell i guess, the waiting is gonna be awful and long !
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yep, me too, that 2.2 question was awful, I went over an over it, in the end I just took a guess and drafted the reccomendations report on my answers.

Roll on August!!!!
  • tamworth
    tamworth Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I screwed up on my variances on Task 1.1 i struggled. I'm confident about the rest of the paper. I really screwed up the variences, really didn't want to re-take this paper :crying:

I have a different opinion on the paper; i struggled with section 1.1 but thought section 2 was nice and simple.
  • bigmuggsy
    bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    How did everyone do on the standard cost card? Mind went blank!!! Definitely failed that one, and for section 2.2 what a nightmare
  • NBB
    Options
    What did you get for your variances??
  • tamworth
    Options
    Section 2.2- they gave us the information of what to take off and add back. I'm pretty sure i got £450,000.00 difference for 10k units and loss of £150,000.00 for the 14k one, well something along those lines.

Say If i was to completely bugger up the variances, that reconciliation and the report on task one, but got the rest of the first section corrent and passed the second section would I still fail ? Reason I ask is because that task one was a big chunk of section 1.
  • NBB
    Options
    I had an overall vaiance of 560 adverse!!
  • tamworth
    Options
    NBB wrote: »
    I had an overall vaiance of 560 adverse!!

I was ok with the first variance, i did get £560 for that, then the others i struggled with.
  • NBB
    Options
    Oooh, I'm confused now, as that was my overall variance. For the reconciliation I got £99540 for the standard cost of actual production and £100100 for actual cost of actual production, which was given??
  • tamworth
    Options
    NBB wrote: »
    Oooh, I'm confused now, as that was my overall variance. For the reconciliation I got £99540 for the standard cost of actual production and £100100 for actual cost of actual production, which was given??

Your probably right, I screwed up big time on those first couple tasks.
  • NBB
    Options
    I wouldn't worry as long as you darfted the report and reconciled to your variances you may not lose too many marks!!!
  • NBB
    Options
    Sorry, I meant drafted!! lol!!
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    It was quite a nice paper I thought.

Section 1 was pretty much as expected; variances and reconciliation, then a report explaining them. The new examiner seems to like his standard cost cards, so wasn't surprised to see that. Wasn't expecting a linear regression question, but it is one of the examinable parts of the module, then indexation which I was certain would come up, given his comments on the December paper.

Section 2 surprised me a little. Task 2.1 was pretty standard, but was surprised to see Gearing and Interest Cover in the exam, followed by a pretty straightforward report. The avoidable/unavoidable cost question threw me for a while. I had to read it a couple of times, but it did (eventually) make sense and pretty sure I answered it correctly. Then the lifecycle/target costing question, which surprised me as it keeps coming back up. I expected he would do a question on Value engineering or Total Quality Management, or something else. Nevertheless, sure I answered it correctly.
  • tamworth
    Options
    Was the job card simply copying out in the same format as what was layed out in the 1st task?
Privacy Policy