How do we think PEV went?

Options

Comments

• joyride
    joyride Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    daftcod wrote: »
    Joyride, I think your answers of £195 and £77.87 are missing the costs of labour and materials that are also avoided when getting the turbines from Romania ....

:ohmy:

Do you remember the figures you got?
  • daftcod
    daftcod Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    joyride wrote: »
    50 x 474 = 23,700
    200 x 150 = 30,000
    800 x 10 = 8,000
    + 150,000
    =211,700

You can't just put + 150,000 for cost of overheads you have to show how they are absorbed into the cost card i.e. 250 x 600 = 150,00 to show how much per unit is absorbed.
  • daftcod
    Options
    Erm.. £695 for the first and six hundred and something for the second
  • te170381
    te170381 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    im worried. I'm havng amajor panic, i didnt get a variance for my labour in section 1!!! I took the budgeted labour and the actual labour instead of the standard labour and budgeted. But i got my rec to balance????
    I hope i don't fail just because of that!
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I also got 211,700 but then added a line down the botom for the OAR of £600
  • AshSimcock
    AshSimcock Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    lee i got what you got but i think we are worong. seems like a few have got different opions so shows that we maybe ok...

what did you get for the target costing?

i did 25 x 30% then took it away from 25... leaving 17.5 but i think that is wrong...
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Oooh, I forgot to put the

50 x 474

as my total was 188000?? or something!!!
  • NBB
    Options
    Ashsimcock, that is correct I did that an checked when I came out, as to calculate the target cost you take the market price and deduct the companies desired profit which was 30% = £7.50,
    Target 70% = £17.50!!
  • joyride
    Options
    You can't just put + 150,000 for cost of overheads you have to show how they are absorbed into the cost card i.e. 250 x 600 = 150,00 to show how much per unit is absorbed.

I did do that, I just couldn't remember which figures I used lol. I'm tired :sleep:
  • confused!!
    Options
    I got £17.50 too for target costing yay!!
  • joyride
    Options

Oh crap :crying:
  • NBB
    Options
    Hehehehe, Well at least I got the same as people!!!
  • AshSimcock
    AshSimcock Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    profit
    divide
    sales

divide x 100

equals 30%

oh yeah thats right!

silly me, i nearly changed it too! isnt it strange when your in an exam and you dont think straight...
  • joyride
    Options

was the other £689?
  • NBB
    Options
    Well good job you didn't, don't think they're worth that many marks to be honest I'm more worried over the 2.2 question but lets get over that one and move on to the next exam hehehehehe!!!
  • confused!!
    Options
    Sounds like alot of us messed up 2.2, if thats the case then the pass mark may be lowered?!
  • Wa's gal
    Wa's gal Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Section 2.2 I thought you had to add your costs together as if you producing the turbine at a per turnbine basis ie 2.2 a1 was £800 (£300 for materials £200 for labour and £300 for production overheads) 2.2a2 I put £1,050,000/10000 units = £105 per unit unavoidable. 2.2a3 £1,950,000/10000units = £195 avoidable costs. in the report I just compared the £800 per unit being produced inhouse to the £745 per unit on a contracted out basis. (640 for turbine and £105 unavoidable costs) so it made sense to contract out 10,000 units, when I compared 140000 units I found it the other way round

I guess i'm not the only one then who found task 2.2 a bit harsh.
    I did exactly the same as Lee. i hope we are right tho :001_smile:
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Its true, we should move on.....we shouldn't base our answers on other peoples comments.....you can still gain marks for everything you've done even if the answer is wrong......don't worry to much....the time to worry is the night before the exam results...its done now and theres no going back to change those answers...as said before they do take everything into consideration.....
  • NBB
    Options
    I hope so confused, I did attempt it and made assumptions on my answers but the figures everyone got are not ringing bells if you get me :(
  • daftcod
    Options
    No it was lower - closer to £600 than £700 and it wasn't a round pound, it had pence on it too like you said in your original of £77.87.
    No saying I'm right though, but it explicitly said in the question that materials and labour were avoidable and they totalled at least £500.
  • confused!!
    Options
    Dont worry, my answer was nothing like those mentioned, as I didnt even know where to begin! think I also got part B wrong on the index numbers
    Fingers crossd though!

I have DFS and PCR this week.... PEV was the one I was most dreading so lets hope thats as bad as it gets!! x
  • NBB
    Options
    Yeah you're right LouLou143, especially about the night before the results hahaha when last years came through I got the email at around 7 ish and I was too frightened to open it!! It took me until 11pm hahahaha!!!
  • tre4sgal
    tre4sgal Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    goody I got the same for target cost.

what was 2.2 about. A bit of an ambiguous question. I added in all the costs including distribution and admin etc so my comparisons were a bit out... whoops! Never mind don't think it will cause me to fail seem to have most of the same answers to everything else! We have not had any examples like that in teaching!

Time for a beer! :001_unsure:
  • Wa's gal
    Options
    True that ... we should all get marks somewhere somehow. we should all focus on other exams if we still have some. i wish you all pass.................

Glad it's all over and done with though .... i got 2 more to do
  • NBB
    Options
    Thanks Confused, you've made me feel bit better!!! Right I am defo going to get off and revise for DFS now!! Bye Bye everyone!!! xx
  • daftcod
    Options
    That's really sweet. True that I should be worrying about the next one and not the one that has just gone. Should get to revising for it like NBB.
  • NBB
    Options
    Yes you should Daftcod, you'll thank yourself for it on Wed!!!
  • daftcod
    Options
    Why haven't you gone yet NBB? hahahahahaha
  • Wa's gal
    Options
    yeah why are all of you still there i thought you were going to revise for the others. Pls let by gones be by gones ................... bye
  • confused!!
    Options
    i should be revising too, cant handle it just yet though !!!

i dont suppose anyone has heard any hints as to what will come up in DFS?????
Privacy Policy