PTC - prinicipal private residences

Options
2»

Comments

• umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    well the ppr turned up and i messed it blame that tutor of aat who told u that it wont come up
    u sinked the whole ship mate and in section 1 i made 1 blunder didnt deduct personal allwoance these r the only mistakes i made i hope so wont get penalized hard 4 these 2 things
    i am almost in state of shock reply my post plz and let me know if i still gota chance 2 pass

your opinions will be highly appreciated in advance
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    HI umerali2003

You seriously need to tell the AAT who your tutor is and what college you study at. Tell them what your tutor said about PPR not be assessable. I think you have good case for an extenuating circumstance.

I was lucky because I new all about PPR but you have, in my opinion, been disadvantaged by your tutor.

TELL THE AAT. It is worth a try.

Good luck

Speegs
  • Lee Manning
    Lee Manning Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    GUTTIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! our group is devistated abot the ppr
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I really feel for you, that was not fair what your tutor told you!!!
  • Lee Manning
    Lee Manning Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    we were talking about it after the exam and a few talked about complaining and what we should do. The trouble is our tutor is really nice and you worry if you complain what would happen to them.
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I understand what you mean but the end of the day when you say "he is really nice" he should have taught PPR to you whether it was in the exam paper or not!! That's how I see it anyway!!
  • yellow_harley
    yellow_harley Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    What did everyone gets for benefits? I forgot the last 36 months were exempt. And we never learnt about what to do with redundancy, i gave it a go though. What did people get for that?
  • hunter
    hunter Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    my paper was an inch thick by the time i had put rundancy in / taken it out 3 times. we were never tought anything about redundancy either!!! finally left it out of calculation. other benefits i got were the flat the van and the loan, i left out the mileage. Got it all horribly wrong :(:(
  • GoldenRetreiver
    GoldenRetreiver Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    We hadnt been told what to do if the mileage allowance was less than 40p - so I just put in 2100, the loan I guessed ( I pro rated the difference between the 6.25% interest and the rate they paid - think its was 3%) - that came to about 133 (probably got that wrong). I didnt include the van because it was wholly used for the business, and with the accommodation I did 175000 (I think) - 75000 x 6.25% apportioned by 8/12, and then added the annual value by 8/12. I know I got the pension bit totally wrong - forgot to take it off gross, instead I added it to the basic rate band and for his self employment bit - I guessed - just said the pension provider would reclaim the tax!
  • hunter
    Options
    We hadnt been told what to do if the mileage allowance was less than 40p - so I just put in 2100, the loan I guessed ( I pro rated the difference between the 6.25% interest and the rate they paid - think its was 3%) - that came to about 133 (probably got that wrong). I didnt include the van because it was wholly used for the business, and with the accommodation I did 175000 (I think) - 75000 x 6.25% apportioned by 8/12, and then added the annual value by 8/12. I know I got the pension bit totally wrong - forgot to take it off gross, instead I added it to the basic rate band and for his self employment bit - I guessed - just said the pension provider would reclaim the tax!
    i did same for the loan and got 133, apportioned the accomodation and annual value by 7/12 though!
  • yellow_harley
    Options
    I too got 133 or 132, I also did 7/12

April
    May
    June
    July
    Aug
    Sept
    Oct

= 7 months?

Did you pro rate the 6250 by 7/12, and then add the annual value (3000)? pro rated?
  • hunter
    Options
    yes i did yellow harley, thank god someone is in agreement with at least a couple of things i did :)
  • yellow_harley
    Options
    Altogether I think my benefits were:

LOAN: 133

ACCOMMODATION:
    6.25% x (100000- 75000) = 6250 x7/12 = 3646

plus:
    3000 x 7/12 = 1750

3646 + 1750 + 133 = 5529

In the end i treated redundancy as exempt. Hope everything is OK for me in the end.
  • GoldenRetreiver
    GoldenRetreiver Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sorry I did do 7 months - my mind is just such a haze
  • kyle1
    kyle1 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

ACCOMMODATION:

plus:
    3000 x 7/12 = 1750

3646 + 1750 + 133 = 5529

In the end i treated redundancy as exempt. Hope everything is OK for me in the end.
    i had exactly the same however i included the mileage difference and deducted the £300 from your total. the redundacy is exempt as it is below the 30,000 threshold i think?
  • snooop
    snooop Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    damn i used 5% for the loan and house
    i been going through the osbourne book soo much i forgot to look at the real rate :mad2:
  • parlabane
    parlabane Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi

I got the same for the accommodation, and also deducted £300 for the mileage and exempted the redundancy.

However, I think I got a different figure for the loan. I did (7000 + 0)/2 * 3.25% = £114. Looks like you've all used an alternative method. Have I done this wrong...?
  • kyle1
    Options
    parlabane wrote: »
    Hi

I got the same for the accommodation, and also deducted £300 for the mileage and exempted the redundancy.

However, I think I got a different figure for the loan. I did (7000 + 0)/2 * 3.25% = £114. Looks like you've all used an alternative method. Have I done this wrong...?
    have not come across that calculation before always been taught that the calc is (LOAN AMOUNT X(OFFICIAL RATE- ACTUAL LOAN RATE).
  • parlabane
    Options
    kyle1 wrote: »
    have not come across that calculation before always been taught that the calc is (LOAN AMOUNT X(OFFICIAL RATE- ACTUAL LOAN RATE).

Yes, me too, but the thing is how to split the loan amount when it changes throughout the year (as this one does when he pays it off)? I was taught to take the average of the start-of-year and end-of-year (i.e. £7000 and £0).
  • kyle1
    Options
    that is valid point and i to was taught that method but if he has had the loan for the full period as he reaps at the end of the period he has received the full benefit????
  • parlabane
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose. Cheers Kyle - think the best thing is just to forget about it and cross fingers!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    havent seen any fing like redudency before mate wat aat is doing they dont want us 2 pass i think i am quite heavely depending on 3 main factors 2 pass dat exam

firstly dat i should my workings
    secondly followed the principle even with the wrong figures
    3rdly completed the whole paper

fingers crossed mate hope so aat will consider those factors

my tutor did not said dat it is out of aat syllbus i have seen the post here a day ago so didnt bother to revise keepin dat in mind dat it is not in syllbus who ever posted dat nearly sinked us all
  • umerali2003
    Options

ACCOMMODATION:

plus:
    3000 x 7/12 = 1750

3646 + 1750 + 133 = 5529

your figures look quite simmilar 2 mine but again mate that was still one hell of a tough paper hope so aat will consider i keep on askin dat bcoz i knew 2 score 70 percent in this type of paper is almost a mission immpossible
    i was surprised 2 see a large number of students leaving paper quite early in our centre i was finking either i am so dump or either dey all decided better 2 plane abt friday night rather then sittin here lolzz
  • Marilyn Tozer
    Marilyn Tozer Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Lee

We have never covered redundancy payments have we? it is not even covered in the book, so what was all that about? I of course treated it as taxable only to find out it's not. Typical.

Lee, when is our interview re project, totally forgotton.

Marilyn x
Privacy Policy