How do you get an Assistant Accountant role ?
I desperate to stop working at purchase/sales ledger level and be given a chance to either train as an accountant or become an assistant accountant or assistant management accoutant. But how does anyone get one of these roles ? I'm starting technician year in september and without the proper work experience I can't see myself getting the full AAT qualification. How do you make the grade, considering the roles always demand "experience" yet my experience does not seem to count ? Seems wrong entirely and surely organisations like the AAT should help students show how to make the step up from accounts assistant to mircaously become an assistant accountant or the more mysterious assistant management accountant. This is a very unclear career path to me if my own work experience is not considered. Very disappointing. Can someone explain ?
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 234 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 133 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 7 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 31 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 55 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 272 VAT
- 91 Software
- 272 Tax
- 135 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 201 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 586 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 47 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership