Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Sa 302

PoodlePoodle Experienced MentorRegistered Posts: 711

What is an SA 302 and how do I get one for a client?

I think it may be the tax calculation letter from HMR&C to clients but can't be certain.



  • peugeotpeugeot Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 624
    HI Poodle,

    Yes it is a tax calculation. If your client asked HMRC to calculate his/her tax then this is the form they send.

    Best wishes
  • PoodlePoodle Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 711
    Thanks for your response Steve.

    The situation is that my client has children at college and they are entitled to the EMA payment of £30.00 a week

    Problem is the authorities are insistng on an SA301 to prove my clients income and since I calculate my clients tax and submit the return on line using Sage I will not be able to get this form.

    So I am in a bit of a delema at present.:mad2:

  • peugeotpeugeot Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 624
    Hi Poodle,

    I'm a bit confused - it may be because it is late!

    Is it the SA 302 you need or the SA 301??

    I think the SA 301 is a continuation sheet on the statement of account. The SA 302 is the tax calculation HMRC calculate from figures supplied to them by the client. They will also issue SA 302 if you have calculated the tax, but they have corrected any errors.

  • PoodlePoodle Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 711
    Steve its a SA302,

    Long day yesterday:blushing:

  • DavePDaveP Feels At Home Registered Posts: 79
    If you phone HMRC they will send you a copy, regardless of how you filed. I needed one myself for my mortgage app.
  • PoodlePoodle Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 711
    Much appreciated will do that

  • claudialoweclaudialowe Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 275
    Hi Poodle

    Hope this is not too late - some (but not all) FE establishments wont believe what is on a tax return, and you have to phone up and ask for a SA302 - most people at HMRC dont know what they are either :blushing: but if you battle hard you can get them. I have a couple of clients who need them each year - other FE places are happy with a letter from me, and there is one that is happy for me to fill out a form, but I MUST use my company stamp :confused1::confused1::confused1: a DIY one for a fiver from Staples solved that problem nicely - now I only use for recorded delivery labels to Longbenton :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sign In or Register to comment.