Sa 302

Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi,

What is an SA 302 and how do I get one for a client?

I think it may be the tax calculation letter from HMR&C to clients but can't be certain.

Poodle

Comments

• peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    HI Poodle,

Yes it is a tax calculation. If your client asked HMRC to calculate his/her tax then this is the form they send.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • Poodle
    Thanks for your response Steve.

The situation is that my client has children at college and they are entitled to the EMA payment of £30.00 a week

Problem is the authorities are insistng on an SA301 to prove my clients income and since I calculate my clients tax and submit the return on line using Sage I will not be able to get this form.

So I am in a bit of a delema at present.:mad2:

Poodle
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Poodle,

I'm a bit confused - it may be because it is late!

Is it the SA 302 you need or the SA 301??

I think the SA 301 is a continuation sheet on the statement of account. The SA 302 is the tax calculation HMRC calculate from figures supplied to them by the client. They will also issue SA 302 if you have calculated the tax, but they have corrected any errors.

Regards
    Steve
  • Poodle
    Steve its a SA302,

Long day yesterday:blushing:

Poodle
  • DaveP
    DaveP Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    If you phone HMRC they will send you a copy, regardless of how you filed. I needed one myself for my mortgage app.
  • Poodle
    Much appreciated will do that

Poodle
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Poodle

Hope this is not too late - some (but not all) FE establishments wont believe what is on a tax return, and you have to phone up and ask for a SA302 - most people at HMRC dont know what they are either :blushing: but if you battle hard you can get them. I have a couple of clients who need them each year - other FE places are happy with a letter from me, and there is one that is happy for me to fill out a form, but I MUST use my company stamp :confused1::confused1::confused1: a DIY one for a fiver from Staples solved that problem nicely - now I only use for recorded delivery labels to Longbenton :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Claudia
Privacy Policy