ECR thread

DaveIOW
DaveIOW Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
Where has it gone?:huh:

Comments

• Layla
    Layla Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yeah where did it go ?
    i was consoling myself reading it, as i too thought the exam was horrendus.
  • DaveIOW
    was it too large or had someone said something wrong? if it was too large can you not delete the first ten pages and leave the current stuff up?
  • Layla
    Layla Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    perhaps they didnt like hearing a few home truths about the exam lol ...
  • mazzy
    mazzy Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    well it was up to 12 pages when i left it last night at about 9.15 and not good comments either - I'm back to look at it but almost releived that it has gone so i can get my head around FRA for wednesday
  • mazzy
    exam feedback

I went to the link to give feed back on the exam but had to leave it when I got to the second page, How are you suposed to remember each question in relation to the number 1.1 1.2 1.3 etc - I was more interested in the content not the question numbers - when do the exam papers appear on the site?? I rwalsie answers won't appear until after results
    Di
  • Elena22
    Elena22 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Ecr

That was tough paper yesterday. I lost my time on calculating task 2.1 and did the rest in a harry, get really nervous and muddle it up.
    Hope for the best anyway!!!
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    What happened to the thread? Why has it been deleted???? Are we not entitled to our opinions?
    Not impressed!! :ohmy:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    I did not look last night as I thought you were not allowed to post comments on exams until after midnight (or some other obscure time) so as to allow students in different time zones to sit it.

I thought it was all right except not sure if you could fly half a route or not? as in only go one way and return the next week?

Also what the heck are relevant costs? I just noted down that I took it relevant costs were ones that only relatedto the project being analysed and irrelevant were fixed.
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    The slightly moreupbeat PEV thread is still going I notice.
  • DaveIOW
    The slightly moreupbeat PEV thread is still going I notice.

:laugh:I can see the sarcasm just dripping of that post sarah :thumbup:
  • sarahwilson
    I did consider a sarcastic roll eyes smiley, but decided that the sentence reeked of sarcasm on its own:lol:
  • Memelly78
    Memelly78 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I did a lot of study for ECR and managed all the past papers with no problems but I really struggled on section 2 of the exam. I'm studying through distance learning and I worked from the course companion set by BPP and completed all the activities and questions in the book. I wouldn't really have expected things to come up in the exam that at least weren't covered in my text books or in the past papers. - I don't think that relevant and irrelevant costs were covered in my books although I did have a stab at that question.

I feel really disappointed as I put so much time and effort into my revision. It's really knocked my confidence.
  • mazzy
    I did not look last night as I thought you were not allowed to post comments on exams until after midnight (or some other obscure time) so as to allow students in different time zones to sit it.

I thought it was all right except not sure if you could fly half a route or not? as in only go one way and return the next week?

I worked out the milescovered per hour - 16000miles/52hours - 300 miles per hour - just checked Google
    most economical cruising speed of a boeing 737 is 796km/h which is about 494 miles per hour ( thanks Google)- you had 8000( half of 16000) miles but 26 hours of time left - If you assume turn around time is a min of an hour and added in to pilot hours- it could have been short haul - south of france - 2 hours - it's only about 1000 miles - so you could get five of these in(2 hours+ 1 hour turn around+ 2 hoursflight back) and it was only for a few days or a week with restricted hours - It's all past history now - but i think they are asking you to use logic - not repeat text book examples - something I think I learnt doing previous exam papers
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    mazzy wrote: »

I worked out the milescovered per hour - 16000miles/52hours - 300 miles per hour - just checked Google
    most economical cruising speed of a boeing 737 is 796km/h which is about 494 miles per hour ( thanks Google)- you had 8000( half of 16000) miles but 26 hours of time left - If you assume turn around time is a min of an hour and added in to pilot hours- it could have been short haul - south of france - 2 hours - it's only about 1000 miles - so you could get five of these in(2 hours+ 1 hour turn around+ 2 hoursflight back) and it was only for a few days or a week with restricted hours - It's all past history now - but i think they are asking you to use logic - not repeat text book examples - something I think I learnt doing previous exam papers

:confused1:
    Blimey - I thought we were training to be accountants not airtraffic control operators! :lol:
  • thoms04
    thoms04 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would also like to see where it has gone?? Funny that :confused1:
  • Focus2Focus
    Focus2Focus Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    hmmm???

I agree I dont recall seeing Relevant costs in my books. In fact I went home and tried to find it in all my notes, eventually turning to google for the answer. I took a stab at it relating to direct and indirect costs - which by the way is wrong I think (I might be wrong)- wiki - "Its a managerial accounting term that is used to describe costs that are specific to management's decisions". Can anyone tell me if it is in the books and I just missed it?

I thought the exam was badly written and ambigurous at that. Questions could mean different things, and I didnt have the question about routes and one ways and wages per hour for the pilots as somne of you are saying? hmmmm. The first exam Ive come accross that I got lost in what was asked. And was it me or was there a semi variable in the working out the contribution between 5000, 6000 and 7000 miles? Which I thought there wouldnt be any (again I could be wrong).

It seems the exam producer wanted to change the exam quite alot from past ones. No payroll questions or break even analsysis -hmmmm this one will be a close one. Any idea when the marks are out? Good luck to everyone doing FRA, did it in June - dont forget if you cant make the TB balance chuck it to suspense.
  • Nikkih
    Nikkih Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    After reading the past few pages im glad im not the only one that felt the exam didnt go well, after putting in lots of revision,sunday night i felt very confident, i was doing past papers without using the answer once completed checking the answer and was doing really well. I came out of the exam after being in there from 1.15-4 and felt like crying, im glad to hear im not the only one that thought the paper was badly written.
  • Welshdragon
    Welshdragon Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Ecr

Hi new here - sat the ECR yesterday glad to see it was not only me who found it hard. What did you have for the first bit AVCO FIFO etc Tracey:confused1:
  • Memelly78
    Memelly78 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I put FIFO
  • Focus2Focus
    Fifo
    Memelly78 wrote: »
    I put FIFO

Fifo without a doubt
  • sarahwilson
    I'd also like to draw attention to the fact that we had posts on here for days on end that numerous paying members of the AAT contacted the forum admins to ask them to take them off, you know the sort of thing I mean - the big spam ones selling stuff, the chinese stuff that intercepted every thread.

Why have peoples complaints, fears, worries & comments been dismissed like this? Why hasn't someone repsonded to them even if its just to say look gang heres not the place for this type of comment, please direct them here.
  • Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    What happened to all the pages ???:thumbdown:
  • Focus2Focus
    What happened to all the pages ???:thumbdown:

That the 1,000,000 pound question! they were pulled. Various ouher bracnhes are explaining why they were, I think :)
  • Nikkih
    Nikkih Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Yeah i put FIFO for the first question, only question i was happy with:laugh:
  • DaveIOW
    I'd also like to draw attention to the fact that we had posts on here for days on end that numerous paying members of the AAT contacted the forum admins to ask them to take them off, you know the sort of thing I mean - the big spam ones selling stuff, the chinese stuff that intercepted every thread.

Why have peoples complaints, fears, worries & comments been dismissed like this? Why hasn't someone repsonded to them even if its just to say look gang heres not the place for this type of comment, please direct them here.

Did it not look good on the AAT "brand" you provided a questionaire, which is at best difficult to answer unless you have questions in front of you & no space for additional comments...was there an email address? maybe im not sure
  • F123
    F123 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Eoq

All i can say in response to yday ECR exam is....WHAT ON EARTH IS AN EOQ? AND WHAT DOES IT DO? I spent 15 minuites just tryna work out if it was a name of a Soap let alone an accountancy Term! haha
    O it was a nightmare... & whats worse is everyone i know who is doing AAT said o ECR will be a walk in the park its FRA that is a nightmare..."ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH"
    Lets just hope they lower the pass mark..!
    O and one random thing... On the Miles comparison table with the 5000 6000 7000 miles ... was your profit per mile a real jump. like £14 was 5000 and then it made a big jump @ 6000 and was like £70odd ?!?
    :huh:
  • sarahwilson
    I think this is a shabby way to treat members and we all know why its been took down. Its not because people are discussing the exam and students in other countries might have seen because the PEV thread was ongoing at the same time.

Its been taken down because ECR students were disgruntled and said they were.
  • ajs969
    ajs969 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    You are so right, the ECR exam yesterday was a joke!!
  • Focus2Focus
    F123 wrote: »
    All i can say in response to yday ECR exam is....WHAT ON EARTH IS AN EOQ? AND WHAT DOES IT DO? I spent 15 minuites just tryna work out if it was a name of a Soap let alone an accountancy Term! haha
    O it was a nightmare... & whats worse is everyone i know who is doing AAT said o ECR will be a walk in the park its FRA that is a nightmare..."ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH"
    Lets just hope they lower the pass mark..!
    O and one random thing... On the Miles comparison table with the 5000 6000 7000 miles ... was your profit per mile a real jump. like £14 was 5000 and then it made a big jump @ 6000 and was like £70odd ?!?
    :huh:

EOQ - The reorder level - so simple yet it left me in the exam, I made up something about ordering stock at the right econmical level (which I might just pull it off) hehehe. YOur right with the miles, there was massive jumps. Did you make sure you calculated the semi variable in there? that was cruel. As well as the 10% discount:confused1:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    I actually knew the EO answer, I was surprised but it had come up in one of the old past papers I did.

Semi variable was a first - not in any of the past papers I did but fortunately had it in my notes.

I had worried about the profit per mile as well - double checked twice that I had remembered to add the 000s at the end and divided by 000miles.
Privacy Policy