ECR thread

Options
13»

Comments

• sarroshnain
    sarroshnain Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Regarding ECR Exam

The paper was tough and vague.It had questions 2.1b and 2.1c related to relevant and irrelevant costs which is neither in our tutorial nor been taught.It took me fair amount time to think about it and answer it.Still I am not sure whether the answer is right or wrong,which is dead worrying.

Secondly,1.1c of section 1 which was about stock control policy was not clear enough.It also took fair amount of time to answer.Still,not sure whether i have done it right or not.
  • sarroshnain
    sarroshnain Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The paper was tough and vague.It had questions 2.1b and 2.1c related to relevant and irrelevant costs which is neither in our tutorial nor been taught.It took me fair amount time to think about it and answer it.Still I am not sure whether the answer is right or wrong,which is dead worrying.

Secondly,1.1c of section 1 which was about stock control policy was not clear enough.It also took fair amount of time to answer.Still,not sure whether i have done it right or not.

What u all think?
  • tamlaj212002
    tamlaj212002 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    the paper was a farce i got the fifo and a saw it wanted it pence as well but everything else is a blur i got stressed and messed up........ i will re sit i wasnt gonna yesterday i was fuming at the state of that paper im calmer now and its nice to know that im not the only one who thinks we been ripped off fancy putting questions on the paper when the answers are not even in my course companion ...........
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I believe we were also told in our revision course to forget about semi-variable costs as they wouldn't be on the exam. I think they should throw out this exam and give us one based like the past exams which have been since 2003.
  • any2002uk
    any2002uk Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hanapospis wrote: »
    I have taken the 600k of fixed part of variable cost out and included it in fixed cost when calculating the contribution . When I was calculating the target profit I have taken as fixed cost £1645000 (420,625 and 600) plus 60000 profit divided by contribution.

I have got:

contribution £343 per mile
    target profit: 4971

profit per mile for 6000 £60.50 and 7000 £93,71

But I can be wrong....

:confused1: my answer was 273744 miles, that is what i wrote on the paper, fixed cost = 420+1625 +60,000
  • Pinchy
    Pinchy Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hanapospis wrote: »
    I have taken the 600k of fixed part of variable cost out and included it in fixed cost when calculating the contribution . When I was calculating the target profit I have taken as fixed cost £1645000 (420,625 and 600) plus 60000 profit divided by contribution.

I have got:

contribution £343 per mile
    target profit: 4971

profit per mile for 6000 £60.50 and 7000 £93,71

But I can be wrong....
    Yay I got the same!! 4971 units
Privacy Policy