The Next Stage - Advice please

Options
dalev
dalev Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Could somebody please let me know if there is a recognised order for doing the units below or is it up to the individual?

I'd also appreciate peoples views on the best way to do these if there is flexibility.

Sorry to bring this up so soon after exams but I need to start thinking about next year.

ADVANCED CERTIFICATE
5 Financial accounting Exam
6 Recording and analysing costs and revenues Exam

15 Operating a cash management and credit control system Skills test
31 * Accounting work skills Skills test
32 * Professional ethics for accounting technicians (new unit) Skills test

Best regards

Comments

• mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Dalev,

It mainly depends if you are studying with a college or by distance learning. A college may do the exams and skill tests on certain dates, however with distance learning, which i am doing with this level, then you can arrange a timetable with the provider, to suit your needs.

I think that doing unit 5 first will be best as this follows on from the certificate level, where you will be learning about profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and how to extend them ie by making adjustments for accruals, prepayments etc.
    Then doing unit 6 which is were some things start getting more tricky as there are different formulas to remember.

The skill tests can be done in any order.
    Unit 15 which i am moving onto now is about how to prepare budgets, get funding and operate credit control.
    Unit 31, I haven't done this one yet, but it mainly covers how to use a computerised operating system (mainly sage) and i believe health and safety. This test appears to be in two parts, the first 2 sections are done in one go, then you have a month to do the third part, which seems to be about planning a timetable, drawing a plan of your office and highlighting any dangers that appear in it.
    Unit 32 is all theory, its about how accountants should behave when doing work, such as their professional behaviour, intergrity, keeping free from outside influences and a bit about money laundering.

Hopefully this will be of help. best of luck and have a good christmas.
  • Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    profession ethics i havent heard of that unit??
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    It's only on the Advenaced Certificate - if you do NVQ route like myself you don't have to do it.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    are those bottom units for the diploma route?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Think they can be done at certificate or advanced stage but they do have to be done.
    If not done at either of those 2 stages I think you get stuck with doing them at Diploma level.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    mikes wrote: ยป
    Hi Dalev,

It mainly depends if you are studying with a college or by distance learning. A college may do the exams and skill tests on certain dates, however with distance learning, which i am doing with this level, then you can arrange a timetable with the provider, to suit your needs.

I think that doing unit 5 first will be best as this follows on from the certificate level, where you will be learning about profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and how to extend them ie by making adjustments for accruals, prepayments etc.
    Then doing unit 6 which is were some things start getting more tricky as there are different formulas to remember.

The skill tests can be done in any order.
    Unit 15 which i am moving onto now is about how to prepare budgets, get funding and operate credit control.
    Unit 31, I haven't done this one yet, but it mainly covers how to use a computerised operating system (mainly sage) and i believe health and safety. This test appears to be in two parts, the first 2 sections are done in one go, then you have a month to do the third part, which seems to be about planning a timetable, drawing a plan of your office and highlighting any dangers that appear in it.
    Unit 32 is all theory, its about how accountants should behave when doing work, such as their professional behaviour, intergrity, keeping free from outside influences and a bit about money laundering.

Hopefully this will be of help. best of luck and have a good christmas.

In unit 31 dont forget you have to Present CV Job Sepc stuff like that
Privacy Policy