Advice needed about NVQ4!

Options
HayleyB
HayleyB Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
I am supposed to start Technician in Jan and have been given the choice between doing it in 1 year or doing it in 2 years - I have no idea which is best. Is anyone else in same situation?

Comments

• Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Have you asked the college/work based learning which has the better pass rate?
  • HayleyB
    HayleyB Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Have you asked the college/work based learning which has the better pass rate?
    The tutors are being very evasive when I ask the question (I think because you pay the same price whether its done in 1 year or 2) I'm assuming 2 years would prob have better pass rate as you have more time to learn it but I don't know if I want to study for what seems like forever!
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If they're the same price, can you do both? You could enrol on the 1 year course and see how you go. If you feel you're struggling or want longer to study, then see if you can extend the course.

My college only does Technician in 1 year but if you fail any parts and want tuition before a resit, you can pay a proportion of the year's fee and just attend the classes for the bits you failed, rather than repeat the whole year. Hopefully that won't happen for me, though! Eagerly awaiting Feb's results!
  • Muhadin
    Muhadin Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    aat4

I am having same situation, but I think it is good to do one day aweek over one year.:001_tt2::001_tt2::lol::thumbup1:
  • Kathy Henderson
    Kathy Henderson Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    You sure its same price as my college i think charges seperately for the diffrent years? but then with the way my brains been fried this week i could be wrong have you asked the people who are doing NVQ4 at the moment what they think?
Privacy Policy