PTC silly mistakes :(

1234568»

Comments

• NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    coco78 wrote: »
    I just like to write that I do not like money motivated comment in this forum.

If you so smart why didn't you do all your exam in one go like other smart people.

Totally agree Coco78, some people just thrive from winding others up, let him/her get on with it. I'm all for confident people but cockyness is just rude and ugly xx
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    YES THERE WAS!!

It clearly said....when he became marketing director he was provided with a company car.

READ THE DAMN QUESTION PROPERLY IN FUTURE!!

How rude!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    agree wid da person above me...... at the end of da day we all r here 2 back each other up in these tough times ... rather then demotivating others ... i hope so every body will be o rite .... minor mistakes are always on board .. we have 2 take 70-75% in every section not 100% ... if he is extra geniouse thats good for him ....
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    In fact I was quite disapointed it was so easy in a way! As i worked my nuts off for a week learning every possible thing that could of come up (i.e all the weird and wonderful exempt benefits such as removal costs upto 8k, nursery expenses upto £55 a week etc).

Did anyone else not think it was a nice paper? Especially compared to June's one where there was a lot more included. Or have I just sounded like an arrogant idiot! (apologies in advance if I have).

I agree it was a much nicer paper than some of the previous ones - and in comparison to the last exams I sat (PEV & PCR which were horrid - was well confused!). I took an additional day off - had to use a holiday - to study and try and make sure I knew as much as possible!

I thought I might muck up on the benefits question as there's so many difference benefits and rules to remember. I also found in the past papers I had to pay a lot of attention to the wording as I found it easy to misunderstand what the information meant. But there wasn't lots of info in the first question - only one benefit? YES! Admittedly I was a bit confused when it came to the whole list price/employee contribution but I thought it through and I don't actually think I got it right, but IMO it was a good attempt lol. I used all the information give to me and it is clear from my workings what I'm doing. I deducted the employee contribution AFTER I calculated the benefit using the cost. It did occur to me doing this question that I didn't actually know what was meant by list price. (Although I knew you def had to use the list price). Looking back at the book there is one line mentioning that you should deduct any employee contributions from the list price but as that's the only time it was mentioned and it has not come up in any past papers I don't feel bad about getting it wrong. (Though I think I read that part whilst revising but didn't deem it important enough to remember!)

Section 2 also went well. I wasn't too sure if the AAT still tested you on the S104 Pool or not and I never got a question on it right until the day before the exam - I cracked it!. (There were some nasty questions in the previous papers including mutilple rights issues and disposals). So I was quite glad it never came up and had to check again to make sure there were no losses, as like with section 1 they didn't give you too much info to work with. (In past papers I often got questions wrong due just to being stupid and forgetting to include certain figures right there in the paper!)

The last question with the interest is where I'll definately be losing the marks - in fact not sure if I'll be getting any.

Also got a wee bit confused with the capital gains tax implications questions. I knew she wouldn't be due to pay any tax on the sale of her house but after doing prior papers I did get confused as to whether I should just assume she lived there every since she owned it or not. So I added an extra bit in to cover myself saying she may be due to pay some tax if she has not lived at the house for a period of time.

So overall, in comparison to the horrible PCR & PEV papers I sat in June, it went well. I used all my time in June but this time I finished early - not as early as other people though. I think someone left just after an hour and a half! I was getting a bit paranoid about what was gonna come up in the paper - there's so many little formulas and rules to remember and different areas the paper could cover - but most of what they were asking was similar to past papers. So yeah based on how well I did in the past papers - not always that great - this may have gone better lol.

mi|kshake~
Privacy Policy