Another Toadface?

Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Got a nasty one over on the student forums. They just keep popping up don't they?

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Got a nasty one over on the student forums. They just keep popping up don't they?

Yes they do dont they.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Yes they do dont they.

Why don't you keep your nose out of what doesn't concern you, Paul?

Where is this ToadFace wannabe then Gem?
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Why don't you keep your nose out of what doesn't concern you, Paul?

Where is this ToadFace wannabe then Gem?

Touche
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well our friends posts seem to have disappeared - forum meltdown I think
  • blobbyh
    Sure it didn't happen in one of the frequent forum crashes we always experience around exam/results time when more than ten people are logged on simultaneously?
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Am I missing something, or misunderstanding the post? Are you guys talking a foreign language or am I just thick.......don't answer that!! Whats a ToadFace??????? Is it someone who created a nasty post? Please put me out of my misery and explain!!!
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yes but most of the posts have been removed!:lol:http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21116 has one of the threads
  • columbia
    Thanks Adam

I understand now!! Thought I was in the twilight zone as the thread didn't seem to make any sense!
  • blobbyh
    Am I missing something, or misunderstanding the post? Are you guys talking a foreign language or am I just thick.......don't answer that!! Whats a ToadFace??????? Is it someone who created a nasty post? Please put me out of my misery and explain!!!

ToadFace was my bitter enemy from a couple of years ago and a real nutter. Although he was obviously quite intelligent and well read he did appear to have how shall we say - mental health issues -as in serious ones.

He's on Facebook though... I found him!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    is he now one of your friends? how funny would that be

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    As for the thread started by Ambitious, surely no-one can have taken that seriously? I thought it was quite amusing as it was clear to me he was only trolling.

For those who don't know (and there was one, eh Paul?), trolling is entering an online thread and posting something so inflammatory or contrary to it's theme with the sole aim of outraging the other contributors. Many do this just for fun (in their eyes anyway) without consideration for the thoughts or feelings of others and usually offer no real justification for what they've written. Nine times out of ten they're tongue in cheek but you do get the odd nasty one. You see them all the time on IMDB and it's futile to argue with them as it makes them worse, hence the old saying "Don't feed the trolls". Arguing with them simply makes them happier as they've achieved what they set out to do.
  • columbia
    Ooh, I feel as if I've learnt something new! I'm so hopeless at these newfangled sayings!!!! God that makes me sound ancient, time to get some cocoa and get ready for bed, wheres my slippers....
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    For those who don't know (and there was one, eh Paul?), trolling is entering an online thread and posting something so inflammatory or contrary to it's theme with the sole aim of outraging the other contributors.

Paul wasn't the only one Robert, but I for one didn't take it seriously, now if I don't get back to doing the dinner the chops will be burnt again!
    See Sarah - I'm still of some use.

Ambitious, was obviously having a boring/bad day.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Jan wrote: ยป
    Paul wasn't the only one Robert, but I for one didn't take it seriously, now if I don't get back to doing the dinner the chops will be burnt again!
    See Sarah - I'm still of some use.

Ambitious, was obviously having a boring/bad day.

Jan set me a place i'll be round in five hehe
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So the forums crashed just so they could delete ambitious' posts?

I just can't imagine how someone can be so bored they have to troll these forums and try to cause arguments :huh: I'm glad everyone just took the pee out of him :)
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    For those who don't know (and there was one, eh Paul?)
    I don't get why you're being nasty to Paul....surely he was just agreeing with the OP?
  • square-peg
    yeh.....more like removed - his profile says he's banned now.
  • blobbyh
    I don't get why you're being nasty to Paul....surely he was just agreeing with the OP?

He started it over on one of the other threads...

... he just can't accept being a Brummie. While he can't ever take the shame away - and rightly so - at least by coming out he can learn to live with it.
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor โญ
    I never viewed these posts, only part of them, as I heard that they were deleted. Mind you, it sounds as if he was an idiot, but also would up the more insecure members-of which there are many.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    To be honest judging by the message you've just added everywhere you don't sound much better yourself!
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Seems to me the bad spritedness is catching, or the trolls are breeding quickly.:mad2:
  • *Data Input* officer
    Like i said, insecure members.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Perhaps it is the same idiot from yesterday logging in under a disguise?!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Those were my thoughts as well, how easy it is to hijack someones user name?? Either that or the nastiness is catching.
  • *Data Input* officer
    Perhaps it is the same idiot from yesterday logging in under a disguise?!
    I thought that direct, derogatory comments were forbidden on the board. Meltdowns are not the classiest thing.
  • *Data Input* officer
    Those were my thoughts as well, how easy it is to hijack someones user name?? Either that or the nastiness is catching.
    Like was said, insecure members.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    and what assumption are you basing that on. I think you yourself mentioned the use of good manners in a post recently, think you may need to revisit that one :001_tt2:
  • *Data Input* officer
    and what assumption are you basing that on. I think you yourself mentioned the use of good manners in a post recently, think you may need to revisit that one :001_tt2:
    Allegations of hijacking usernames. Very informed. The first sign of insecurity is to aportion the blame elsewhere.
  • square-peg
    He started it over on one of the other threads...

... he just can't accept being a Brummie. While he can't ever take the shame away - and rightly so - at least by coming out he can learn to live with it.

:blushing: at my innocence!! :blushing:
Privacy Policy