TAS books

Options
Poodle
Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Help please

I am having a problem restoring a clients data set of TAS1 v8 into my PC, same version TAS. I only use TAS for this one client.

I select file, restore and then restore from an altenative back up file, select the .TB1 file with the updated data and then select restore to Data directories.

I then get a message saying "the back up data does not contain data belonging to the company currently in the detination directory. Are you sure that you want to override this?" I select yes and then I get another message saying " A problem was encountered during restoration of your current data files . For safety, the restore procedure will now beterminated":confused1:

Poodle

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I always have problems restoring a TAS backup, I do the same thing a few times and eventually it just works!
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

I gave up in the end and asked my client to print off the reports that I need.

:thumbdown: for TAS

Poodle
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Once it decides it likes you and lets you in it's not a bad little program, it's just convincing it to like you that's the problem!
  • todbury
    todbury Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi
  • todbury
    todbury Registered Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Can anyone please help me. I am a new user to TAS and have no reference guides, manuals and have managed to work out most things - but now I am stuck

Normally when I put a sales invoice into the system, it gives me two options in the area with the blue white lines - ie line 1 Sales ledger Control - and dependent on the customer, line 2 Fees allocated to director A or B.

I had to set up a new customer today and when I put the invoice through it was saying line 1 sales ledger and line 2 vat control account. It would not allow me to edit the nominal code to the director.

I then went into the customer enquiry section and looked at an old customer and notice in the tab - NL Distribution it has the director code and entry on the left hand box. So I went into my new customer and tried to put the code here but it would not allow me? I hit reset - that did nothing. I hit save. That did nothing.

How do I amend the nominal code for this client so it always comes up as a particular director?
Privacy Policy