The Apprentice

Options

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    groundy wrote: »
    Always amazed at how quick they turn on each other and there's only been one task. Its about time an accountant was on there and showed them how to calculate profit on the task.

Is it just me or did Mona look like a nervous wreck every time Sir Alan talked to her?

Theres a part qualified accountant on who has CIMA
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Theres a part qualified accountant on who has CIMA

He must be the one who came out with the quote "Turnover is vanity, Profit is sanity" only an accountant could quote that gem.:laugh:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    groundy wrote: »
    He must be the one who came out with the quote "Turnover is vanity, Profit is sanity" only an accountant could quote that gem.:laugh:

Probably!

I'm finding them annoying already. All too loud with nothing to say, piling into the tasks with no plans or figures....

Not the same amount of characters as the last series?!
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Was it just me, or when the girls started all talking at once you couldn't make out a single word and it was all just noise? Lads were lucky - shoe shining won it for them.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    AdamR wrote: »
    Was it just me, or when the girls started all talking at once you couldn't make out a single word and it was all just noise? Lads were lucky - shoe shining won it for them.

It was obvious really. I mean, shoe shining cost a few quid for polish and cloths, takes two minutes and brings in £4. It's fairly novel, too. Washing a car will bring in a tenner, but you can't wash a car in five minutes. Throughput.
  • AdamR
    Options
    Good to see the males with the brains this time!:laugh:

(Ducks the barage of shoes and mouldy fruit thrown at him)
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Had to laugh at the lads though.

You go to a normal car wash here, it does take them less than 5 minutes to have it done. OK they don't do the interior but with the amount of them they should have had that done within a few minutes to a decent standard.

It looked like to me a load of business professionals trying to do manual work and they just wasn't up to the job!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    One of the things that irks a little about The Apprentice is the raising up of Alan Sugar as some sort of great business guru. Amstrad are an only moderately successful, medium-sized business with more than it's fair share of commercial flops since some success in the early days of home computing. They're only really still in business due to being the principle suppliers of set-top boxes for BSkyB, who took them over a few years ago for just £125 million (i.e. slightly less than CBS paid for the website last.fm last year). Let's face it, Richard Branson he ain't.
  • AdamR
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    Let's face it, Richard Branson he ain't.

Branson's probably a bit too busy for that sort of thing then? Besides, Sugar's a very good watch when he gets going!:laugh:
  • CJC
    Options
    Yeah, Branson's too busy actually being a businessman rather than playing a caricature of one on TV. Entertaining enough I suppose as long as people don't take him as a role model - which I suspect many do.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    sorry ,,,dont give two monkeys on the apprentice !
  • CJC
    Options
    Neither do I really, I just think Alan Sugar's a [CENSORED].
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It was obvious really. I mean, shoe shining cost a few quid for polish and cloths, takes two minutes and brings in £4. It's fairly novel, too. Washing a car will bring in a tenner, but you can't wash a car in five minutes. Throughput.

Yep, shoe shining should have been obvious really. Two people could have shined maybe ten customers each per hour making say £300 profit in a four or five hour period.

But then again, that would have been too easy so it makes you wonder just how much influence the programme makers have on the tasks each team performs and whether they somehow inhibit them off-camera. After all, if one team is clearly streets ahead of the other, it'd make the programme harder to edit to make them appear equal.
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Love it love it love it!!!

I am having massive withdrawal symptoms from Raef though. What a legend. I loved the prince and pauper comment last year.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    it is on again tonight

who's FIRED this week do we reckon??

i have to record it as it is on too late for me so i will be watching it tomorrow, i dont mind you saying who goes out as tomorrow when i watch it i watch for that person and laugh at them from the beginning

Tracy
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    more like who care who got fireD?
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    taskey wrote: »
    it is on again tonight

who's FIRED this week do we reckon??

i have to record it as it is on too late for me so i will be watching it tomorrow, i dont mind you saying who goes out as tomorrow when i watch it i watch for that person and laugh at them from the beginning

Tracy

I hope its the nackstabber who narrowly escaped last week - the one Blobby fancied
  • CJC
    Options
    Well I hope so too - stabbing someone in the nacks is just not on.
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Epiosode 2 - If these people represent the future of our country in terms of business accumen I am seriously worried ! :crying:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Pigpen wrote: »
    Epiosode 2 - If these people represent the future of our country in terms of business accumen I am seriously worried ! :crying:

Omg at the state of the catering i wouldnt serve that at kiddies birthday party let alone a excusive business drinks party.

Woohoo my home boy still there
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I know - apalling - And I think Yasmina was dreadful - I am sure her restaurant is lovely ............................Not!

James - mmmmmmm - Numpty!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    i think the tomatoe baggetts were the funniest and watching them trying to ect them - then when she said there was a health and saftey issue with them all that came to mind was attack of the killer tomatoe's :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Yup Paul and all I can say is "Thank frick" Debra's still in there, the rest wouldn't look out of place down Battersea...

Pouty Howard should go soon - he was terrible last week and terrible this week. For a bloke who claims to run ten pubs (yeah right), I wouldn't trust him running a tap...
  • CJC
    Options
    The words p*ss-up and brewery come to mind.

I guess it wouldn't be as much fun if they weren't a bunch of egotistical, incompetent numpties.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »

Pouty Howard should go soon - he was terrible last week and terrible this week. For a bloke who claims to run ten pubs (yeah right), I wouldn't trust him running a tap...

You can't say that - Howard is a pq cima accountant!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Yep, used the good old search to revive an eighteen month old thread. Better than starting yet a new one.

So who watched it last night? Did you think the right person went? While I thought he was a bit of a bully, he probably does get results in real life and he was also the only bloke who put himself forward when the other men suddenly all turned into mice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/candidates.shtml

I've taken an instant dislike to Chris Bates, the blonde Investment B(w)anker. All he did was complain without coming up with alternative resolutions. Tosser.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    personally am dead pleased its back better than some of the reality / talent / lack of talent shows on lately.

I do think the right person went last night he was a lazy git
  • Jay1981
    Jay1981 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Right person definitely went. Seemed to think that as he was the oldest he had all the answers. Was a completely useless, lazy tool.
    Can't stand the kid he took into the boardroom with him also, Stuart, i think his name was.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    he was the one to go as all he did was shout and keep his arms folded.

stuart was also a prize knob so hopefully he wont last too long.

i have never seen so many "men" argue like women before i found it hilarious. hubby also watched it, but only for Karren Brady, i think he might have a soft spot.

Tracy
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Yep, used the good old search to revive an eighteen month old thread. Better than starting yet a new one.

So who watched it last night? Did you think the right person went? While I thought he was a bit of a bully, he probably does get results in real life and he was also the only bloke who put himself forward when the other men suddenly all turned into mice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/series6/candidates.shtml

I've taken an instant dislike to Chris Bates, the blonde Investment B(w)anker. All he did was complain without coming up with alternative resolutions. Tosser.

I think he was all noise and no substance, but gobsh1tes like him make the show more entertaining so could have done with being in another week or two..

They need more accountants on the show, how often do they make a mess of the simple costings! (not that they have done in this series yet)
Privacy Policy