The Apprentice

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    haha, i have tried to resist watching it, i had forgotten how brilliant it is!

and yes, she deserved to go, i was really hoping the boys would lose last week so she would go it was only cause of the military guy that they didnt, nothing to do with her and her 'sales skills' - she was like the guy in the first episode that got fired, 'i'm an amazing salesman' 'yet you sold nothing??'
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I thought it was an average episode last night, not very taxing! Only have revenue to consider, not any of the costs at all!

But I think the right person went.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    PGM wrote: ยป
    I thought it was an average episode last night, not very taxing! Only have revenue to consider, not any of the costs at all!

But I think the right person went.

here here
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    who got fired last night, I missed the end.
  • PGM
    Palermo (or however its spelt), She more or less got herself fired in the end with being so convinced of how good she is!

Another with an overly inflated skill set :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Another with an overly inflated skill set :)

Surely if that is the reason for them to go, they all should go?
  • A-Vic
    one thing that bothered me when watching it last night is look how perfect they all look not what i call a normal looking one between them just like sugested egertistical over inflated ego maniac's that dont look to have worked a proper hard day in their life.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    They do have inflated egos yes, but many of these people already earn six figure salaries anyway and their methods of working are so much different from ours, especially ours as an accountants life. If we have a bad day there'll usually be another. If they have a bad day they might be gone there and then and it's extremely pressured and competitive. I've seen both the exuberant heights and low depressions of our own high earning recruitment consultants, some of whom also earn well over ยฃ100k once commission is taken into account. They live in almost perpetual fear of their jobs!

Besides, if you watch the aftershow Apprentice, many of them do actually come across as quite nice people - even Melissa aka Peggy from last week.

Yup, Paloma deserved to go last night and it's gonna be a tough one to call this year. Alex had a rough time by choosing the wrong mobile pitch but the TV advert was genius. Difficult to pick from Alex, Joanna, Liz, Jamie and the two Chris's. To go within the next few weeks: Laura, Stella, Sandeesh and possibly Stuart.

My tip to win: Jamie, the smooth talking bar-steward.
  • A-Vic
    maybe am a realest but would just like to see a milkman a postman or just an average joe get a chance to have a go too just because they dont work in high powered jobs on 6 figures salaries doesnt mean they couldnt do a better job then they would
  • PGM
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    maybe am a realest but would just like to see a milkman a postman or just an average joe get a chance to have a go too just because they dont work in high powered jobs on 6 figures salaries doesnt mean they couldnt do a better job then they would

I'd like to see some people with ability, instead of ones that just talk BS to sound like they have.

As Blobby says, I'm sure some of them really do have ability, can't always be easy to prove it on short tasks. I feel like its the same people choosing people for the apprentice that choose for big brother, its like there more interested in interesting characters than business ability? Plus there seems to have been a photo stage for the selection.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If they were all competent, normal, sane people then it would be a boring show. I always assume that being a bit (or even a lot) of a twat is a prerequisite for being on the programme in the first place.

And as for Alan Sugar, it's amazing how someone who ran a no more than moderately successful third-rate electronics company who hit the jackpot by knowing the right people when the contracts for Sky set-top boxes were being handed out is now held up as some kind of business guru.
  • A-Vic
    well to turn ยฃ500 into multimillions isnt to be sniffed at tho
  • blobbyh
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    well to turn ยฃ500 into multimillions isnt to be sniffed at tho

All I can say is, he must have employed some very decent advisors. If Sugar managed to make ยฃ800m from making and selling total crap (though not in equal quantities I suspect with much more of the former than the latter), then all respect to him.

There should be an Alan Sugar museum somewhere with a few extremely rare Amstrad items that actually survived longer than a year without falling to bits. Once you bought an Amstrad product and realised how absolutely 5hit it was, you never bought another.

I reckon he's only doing The Apprentice cos the twenty five other entrepreneurs in front of him were still too successful making their own money.
  • PGM
    All I can say is, he must have employed some very decent advisors. If Sugar managed to make ยฃ800m from making and selling total crap (though not in equal quantities I suspect with much more of the former than the latter), then all respect to him.

There should be an Alan Sugar museum somewhere with a few extremely rare Amstrad items that actually survived longer than a year without falling to bits. Once you bought an Amstrad product and realised how absolutely 5hit it was, you never bought another.

I reckon he's only doing The Apprentice cos the twenty five other entrepreneurs in front of him were still too successful making their own money.

And he must have been a hard faced sales person. How many people do you think he stepped on over the years..

Oh and Amstrad was a terrible brand, I remember having a tv of theirs that kept breaking down and the engineer said the parts are so cheap they just dry up after use and stop working, and that was why it also made a constant squealing nose.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Glad Alex got fired last night, so annoying and weird!!
  • PGM
    Glad Alex got fired last night, so annoying and weird!!

I think the right person went.

Another person who valued their exceptional marketing skillset slightly too highly :)

Thought he was going to cry as he left!
  • A-Vic
    He reminded me of rodney off only fools lol what a plonker
  • Londina
    I don't think the last episode was real, come on, why suddenly Stuart was such an irritating arrogant? and Sandeesh made such stupid errors?
  • PGM
    Stuart is such an ass, although I'm sure the producers edited it to really push the point, as it was so noticable all of a sudden. But when you're editing hundreds of hours of footage for one hour episode it must be easy to put whatever slant you want on it.

Sandeesh really blew it for spending an hour teaching the others to use the equip instead of getting out there selling.
  • A-Vic
    Anyone want rice with their tikka lol
  • Londina
    Glad Laura is fired! such a double faced bitxx!
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Sill waiting on Stuart Baggs to be fired :(
  • blobbyh
    I've correctly predicted the last three to go (not hard though was it?) and think this week it'll be the end of Stuart or Christopher.

Can you imagine Stuart and Glynis both in the same room? Both age-ist but coming from opposite ends of the spectrum. As Harry Hill would say: there's only one way to find out...
  • A-Vic
    I've correctly predicted the last three to go (not hard though was it?) and think this week it'll be the end of Stuart or Christopher.

Can you imagine Stuart and Glynis both in the same room? Both age-ist but coming from opposite ends of the spectrum. As Harry Hill would say: there's only one way to find out...

fighhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I would love to see that.. Glynis v Stuart! (would pay good money!)..

Blobby I hope you are right..

on a serious note though, its quiet, where is glynis.. is she ok?
  • Londina

What about Chris Bates, the one with most boring voice and with zero enthusiasm?
  • Londina
    on a serious note though, its quiet, where is glynis.. is she ok?

She's doing F8 ACCA exams next week...There is a post in the forum..
  • Londina
    Oh Stuart got away last night!! but in one side I'm glad he stayed, as it's going to be funny to watch him next week in the interview task, the best one!!
  • PGM
    But how could they get rid of the pretty one.....

How Stuart survived after all that madness he said I have no idea :D
  • blobbyh
    He's such a ****... and even if he'd actually got his proper one out in the boardroom, I'd sure Lord Sugar couldn't have been anymore impressed than he already was...
Privacy Policy