whats in a name?

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
sorry as you can prob tell am bored today so:

how did you choose your nic and why?

Mines A-Vic because its a play on my name Anne Victoria i know geanious (or would be if i could spell it) lol
ยซ13

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    mine is taskey (t for tracy and askey is my surname). i use it on any forum or site where you have to log in.

i am so forgetful, i have used other names in the past and have never remembered what name is for what site, so i now use the same one everywhere

Tracy
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Mines Paul24 - Which is my name - Paul, and my age when I created my username 24

I will say that on the old site it was Paul22, hope this doesnt confise matters, I can offer an explanation for this to if required..
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    sorry as you can prob tell am bored today so:

how did you choose your nic and why?

Mines A-Vic because its a play on my name Anne Victoria i know geanious (or would be if i could spell it) lol

Genius:lol::lol:

My name was conferred on me by a garage in Barnsley in my previous life as a salesman, many years ago. I have a slight West Country burr and was brought up in Gloucester, even though I'm a Scotsman. My father was in the RAF and was posted to RAF Innsworth in Gloucester from Scotland when I was 9 months old, way back in the middle of the last century:lol::lol:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Mine sholud need no explanations, except that it stops people calling me Janet ! And I am not very imaginative!

Always wondered how you got yours Peter.

Now where is Robert?
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Mines Gem for Gemma and my pin number

Nah kidding

7 because that's my favourite number but it wouldn't let me have that so I stuck a 321 on the end.

Speaking of names, what do you guys think of Aiden for a little boy (middle name either Charles or Roy) and Willow (middle name Grace) for a girl? I had my 20 week scan on Friday and the lady didn't ask us if we wanted to know the sex! I don't think she could tell...
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    This is spooky, as I was also thinking of setting up a similar thread!

Mine comes from my love of the Rocky Horror Show, in my younger (and slimmer) years I used to dress up as Columbia and my hubby and I would travel around the country watching it - happy days!!
  • A-Vic
    This is spooky, as I was also thinking of setting up a similar thread!

Mine comes from my love of the Rocky Horror Show, in my younger (and slimmer) years I used to dress up as Columbia and my hubby and I would travel around the country watching it - happy days!!

lol funny i thought of this thread after reading your post on another :lol:
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Nah kidding

7 because that's my favourite number but it wouldn't let me have that so I stuck a 321 on the end.

Speaking of names, what do you guys think of Aiden for a little boy (middle name either Charles or Roy) and Willow (middle name Grace) for a girl? I had my 20 week scan on Friday and the lady didn't ask us if we wanted to know the sex! I don't think she could tell...

I think those names are both really nice.. if I had a boy I'd like to call him Isaac I think that's a sweet boys name.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Think mine's pretty obvious, although I'm not really that fat. Definitely forty though! Have to admit wish I'd spent more time thinking about it and come up with something nicer. But my name's Jan and there is already one of those on here.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    ... and I don't want to be known as fatandfifty :lol:
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Fair enough:lol:

Not sure if I will change to fatandfortyone after my birthday though:001_unsure:
  • A-Vic

Nah kidding

Awww sweet

Do you not want to know what your having tho?
  • A-Vic
    Fair enough:lol:

Not sure if I will change to fatandfortyone after my birthday though:001_unsure:

fatandthirtyfive just doesnt have the same tone :lol:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Do you not want to know what your having tho?
    A baby isn't it?

:001_tongue:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Nah kidding

At the maternity hospital I attended they had a sign up to tell you not to ask the sex as they would not tell you. Apparantely a lot of hospitals have this policy these days as folk have tried to sue in the past when they have been wrong.

I really like the girl name but not too sure about the boy name, I would end up spelling it wrong all the time.
  • CJC
    I've got a scan too this afternoon - and before you ask, no, I'm not pregnant it's on my wonky shoulder.
  • CJC
    At the maternity hospital I attended they had a sign up to tell you not to ask the sex as they would not tell you. Apparantely a lot of hospitals have this policy these days as folk have tried to sue in the past when they have been wrong.
    All that blue paint we bought and it turns out to be a girl! :laugh:

You're not going to name him/her Christopher or Christine then :sad:
  • A-Vic
    CJC wrote: ยป
    A baby isn't it?

:001_tongue:

lol ya nut:lol:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

I thought that policy was in place because a number of cultures prefer to have boys, rather than girls....? The hospital may be worried that there would be pressure on the mother to have an abortion if they knew the child was a girlโ€ฆ..
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    CJC wrote: ยป
    All that blue paint we bought and it turns out to be a girl! :laugh:

I read somewhere that up until the early part of the last century, blue was the colour for girls and pink was for boys. Pink was seen as more masculine and assertive than blueโ€ฆ..strange how we now 'teach' boys to like blue and girls to like pink
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Pigpen - Very long story!

Here is the short version - I had to have a minor op involving stitches on my torso and was advised not to get the area wet! Are you following ? Anyway was explaining how difficult it was to wash half your body at a time, not being able to bath or shower you see, when my best friends husband said that he had wondered why I was being followed around by a bunch of flies - Like Pigpen from the peanuts cartoon

Anyway - It stuck - So there you have it

In my defence I would like to point out that I am a total girly girl and would like to think this reference was tongue in cheek as I am actually quite the opposite to pigpen - I hope that's the truth anyway ! hahahahaha :lol:
  • A-Vic
    Pigpen wrote: ยป
    Pigpen - Very long story!

Here is the short version - I had to have a minor op involving stitches on my torso and was advised not to get the area wet! Are you following ? Anyway was explaining how difficult it was to wash half your body at a time, not being able to bath or shower you see, when my best friends husband said that he had wondered why I was being followed around by a bunch of flies - Like Pigpen from the peanuts cartoon

Anyway - It stuck - So there you have it

In my defence I would like to point out that I am a total girly girl and would like to think this reference was tongue in cheek as I am actually quite the opposite to pigpen - I hope that's the truth anyway ! hahahahaha :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: POOOOHHHHWEEEE
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks A-vic - Just removed you from my friends list :001_tt2:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    not very interesting...rachy as my name is rachael and my mates call me rachy..1975 is my year of birth.
    easy to remember...lol
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Mine's quite boring :bored:

My name's Jill, when I set up my email address several years ago I couldn't have jill@.... as it had already gone. I had a cat called Bilbo at the time so I thought I'd be jilbo. As some sites use your email address as your username I just used the jilbo bit for this and a couple of other sites.
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ** hides **
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Buff wrote: ยป
    ** hides **

Go on tell us....................yours could be a very exciting tale:lol::lol:
  • Buff
    caught in the <uname> several times.... not pleasant - but hey.. sticks
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Buff wrote: ยป
    caught in the <uname> several times.... not pleasant - but hey.. sticks

And I thought it was a shortened version of a well known vampire slayer:lol::lol:
  • Buff
    And I thought it was a shortened version of a well known vampire slayer:lol::lol:

Only on a weekend Big P, only on a weekend :cool2:
Privacy Policy