A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Anybody watching?

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Anybody watching?

Watched it live this morning... and since we're still on AAT time, I can't tell what time you posted Vic! And if you don't yet know the result, I can't discuss it with you...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    am i still here tho hmmmmm - nope dont tell me
  • A-Vic
    Options
    wooohooo wtg
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    so who won ?
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    so who won ?

Whoever had the fastest car, obviously.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Britains hension whatever his name is
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Whoever had the fastest car, obviously.

not necessarily..........put the worst driver in the fastest car and he wont always win ?
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    not necessarily..........put the worst driver in the fastest car and he wont always win ?

The worst formula 1 driver? Yes he will win. The only difference between the drivers these days are the cars. If Masa had driven Hamiltons car last season, Masa would have one and Hamilton lost. If both had driven Buttons car, they both would have lost, imho
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Depends. Some years a team has been so far ahead of the competition that you could put Maureen from Driving School in there and she'd still win. Other years, the field is much technologically closer meaning driver skills play a greater part.

I think the first few races of this year could be quite close though undoubtedly McLaren and Ferrari will quite quickly get their acts together and move to the forefront as per usual.

Besides Alonso won two world championships despite being in arguably the third quickest car...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    And Schumacher won when he drove a Benetton!

Glad to see that Hamilton has been promoted to third although I would have liked to have actually seen him on the podium!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Pathetic they still allowed Trulli onto the podium though and that it took them so long to change the result. The illegal overtake was a clear-cut, straightforward breach of the rules and it should have barely needed any discussion at all to promote Hamilton up a place. You'd think they'd have learnt after Belgium last year, wouldn't you, to change the results post-race?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm still waiting for FIA to come up with a way to make it so the Ferraris actually won.
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    i watched it and it was so nice to watch with out adverts comin on every 20 mins or so....thought they might of brought murray out of retirement just for the first race back on the BBC where it should never of left in my opinion!!!!

:001_smile:
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    i watched it and it was so nice to watch with out adverts comin on every 20 mins or so....thought they might of brought murray out of retirement just for the first race back on the BBC where it should never of left in my opinion!!!!

:thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup1:

I totally agree, although I nearly died of fright when they said it was 13years since F1 had been on the BBC.
    I have heard a rumour tho (or is it wishful thinking)that Murray is going to do the British GP as it's the last one at Silverstone.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lessci wrote: Β»

I totally agree, although I nearly died of fright when they said it was 13years since F1 had been on the BBC.
    I have heard a rumour tho (or is it wishful thinking)that Murray is going to do the British GP as it's the last one at Silverstone.

yep its true its ment to be moving to donnington race track next year
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    lessci wrote: Β»

wahoo...cant wait for that one then....cant believe its nearly 15years since i was heavily pregnant sat in my garden watching it on my black and white portable tv when ayrton senna died......
    ive not watched it since it moved to itv apart from the occasional one but i will start watchin it again now

• LondonMatt
    Options
    Hamilton has now been stripped of third place and all points…

What a strange sport
    Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix.

The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March".
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    yes otherwise my partner will be angry! plus im going to silverstone this year so I better get used to the noise again.

should not marry into a f1 family - his bro runs a f1 website, that was my first clue!

go hamilton!!!!
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    As my husband says - no point watching the race as the results will be decided 5 days later anyway!!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Don't quite get the ill feeling towards ITV for covering the Grand Prix the last few years. Like everyone else I was a bit duibious when it left the beeb but I felt ITV - apart from the obligatory in-race adverts - did a fantastic job over the years.

The biggest problem I have with BBC and sports, is that - apart from Wimbledon - they often don't appreciate having them. The number of times a live event has been cut short at a crucial moment to make way for a sodding pre-scheduled gardening programme. Even watching the beeb this morning, the codgers are already writing in complaining about the excessive F1 coverage. Excessive? There's not nearly enough! Where's the practice coverage? The after race commentaries and discussions? Last week it was a case of once the race is over and following the short driver interviews, they can't wait to pull the plug.

It's thanks to BBC's ill treatment of their jewel-in-the-crown sports that there is now so much on satellite or cable and unavailable to us non-subscribers.
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think that the BBC have it just about right - and are far better than ITV. The amount of F1 that is on the "red button" over the weekend is brilliant, including all the live practice, and then a re-run of the practice. Even putting on past races on the red button is a great idea - I feel I have missed so much by F1 being on ITV.

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I have to admit that the BBC coverage this morning was good (I wrote my earlier post before it started) however they have had the last decade to watch ITV do it properly.

Who remembers the beeb having it before and shoe horning the races in between the golf, snooker, bowling etc on Sunday Sport or whatever it was called? Hopefully this time they'll appreciate it as a jewel event which they certainly didn't before.
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Unfortunately I am old enough to remember how it was on BBC when it was crammed in between other sports, but I can not agree with you that ITV did it properly - I can remember times when races ran late and once the flag was passed, coverage was dropped for Coronation Street - and I could probably come up with a lot more annoyances from ITV.

Tracy
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    let's look where lewis hamilton is ...... and then sort the rules out so we can knock him down a place!!
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well he did spin out in that last lap - maybe he could be disqualified for rejoining the race?
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    F1 isn't the same since overtaking was banned.
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Sonny_L wrote: Β»
    F1 isn't the same since overtaking was banned.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Privacy Policy