tax return submitted but not received

Options
Lina
Lina Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Does anyone have this problem: when submitting a tax return using hmrc free software, few days later if you want to check status, it shows: submitted but not received?? I have this msg for all returns submitted since saturday (18/04)?
I also had the same problem last year. Some of the returns were stuck for few months.
I was wondering: if I use comercial software, do i get the same error?
If anyone used comercial software, did they have any problems with submissions last year in April and May???
Thank you

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I had no problem with my end of year returns last year or my self assessment.

End of year returns submitted through Sage, self assessment just on HMRC online service.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    We submit ours using IRIS personal tax and never had any problems like yours.
  • Lina
    Options
    thanks for replays

Thank you for replying
    I think i wll buy comercial software, because it seems that problems mainly occur who is using free hmrc software
    thank you
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    What's the point of going to all the cost of commercial software when you still have another 9 months for it to go through? You have plenty of time to chase it up with the revenue between now and January.
  • Lina
    Options
    The point is that in April and May 80% of our returns are repayement due. So if i wait anover 5 or 9 months, then my client will have to wait for the money 5-9 months. And then next year they will find another accountant, who will get the repayemnt much quicker:huh:
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Our refund clients submitted in April average about 3 weeks for repayment. Has actually been a selling point for our business and gained about 10 new subbies last year. All mainly drink in same pub were my existing subbies drink.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Lina wrote: »
    The point is that in April and May 80% of our returns are repayement due. So if i wait anover 5 or 9 months, then my client will have to wait for the money 5-9 months. And then next year they will find another accountant, who will get the repayemnt much quicker:huh:

That wasn't meant as a serious suggestion!

Have you chased it through online services?

I had it in my head you were only submitting a few but maybe that's just my imagination. We use PTP and find it really good.
Privacy Policy