Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Netherlands VAT 66

SevrenSevren Well-KnownRegistered Posts: 101
Hello all,

I am struggling with the Dutch language and can't find the appropriate VAT 66 form to download - can anybody supply me with a link or the form ?

Many thanks


  • Nilesh MandviaNilesh Mandvia Feels At Home Registered Posts: 91
    You have to request VAT 66 from HMRC. It is a Certificate of Status of Taxable Person. If you call vat national help line, they will order one for you. (I assume that Dutch vat office requested a vat 66 form from you).
  • SevrenSevren Well-Known Registered Posts: 101
    Hello Nilesh - sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post - I have the VAT 66 certificate from HMRC but understand that Netherlands is similar to other EU countries in that I need to claim the money back on their (Netherlands) specific form.

    This is an annual headache with questionable results but this is the first Dutch one I have done !

    Many thanks
  • Nilesh MandviaNilesh Mandvia Feels At Home Registered Posts: 91
    My understanding is that you have to register with Netherland Vat authority in order to get vat back?

    Here is a link to Netherland's website.


  • SevrenSevren Well-Known Registered Posts: 101
    Very helpful - many thanks for taking the trouble.
  • deanshepherddeanshepherd Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,809
    You may find it easier to use an agent to do all this for you.

    We have used the VAT Clearing House before.
  • SevrenSevren Well-Known Registered Posts: 101
    Thanks Dean - worth thinking about - this is a hassle every year with poor results !
Sign In or Register to comment.