ECR June 07 Paper

A-VicA-Vic Expertise GuaranteedPosts: 6,970Registered
Is it me or is this paper confusing even on the very first question?

When i did the first question i had it at 0.32 but according to the answer it is 32.44.

Did anyone else also struggle with this one?

Comments

• EsmeEsme Experienced Mentor Posts: 711Registered
    I don't have the paper infront of me, but I think I made the same mistake, you need to change it from £ to penny! 32.44p is £0.32
  • A-VicA-Vic Expertise Guaranteed Posts: 6,970Registered
    yeah it stated that in the report after but the whole paper looked baly written.

Am hoping and praying we dont get a paper like that
  • reddwarfreddwarf Experienced Mentor Posts: 528Registered
    Ridiculous but they are pricing in two decimal places of a penny!! threw me too!
    It does say in the question to use two decimal places of a penny but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view - taught me to read the question throughly though!!!
    reddwarf wrote: »
    It does say in the question to use two decimal places of a penny but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view - taught me to read the question throughly though!!!

Thats one really good avantage very true
  • Bookworm55Bookworm55 Trusted Regular Posts: 479Registered
    but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view

Unrealistic how? It depends what you're doing. I've often had costs listed to the tenth or hundredth of a penny. Especially for things being purchased in great volumes; minor electronic components such as fuses for example, or cable purchased by the metre.
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    Unrealistic how? It depends what you're doing. I've often had costs listed to the tenth or hundredth of a penny. Especially for things being purchased in great volumes; minor electronic components such as fuses for example, or cable purchased by the metre.

i think the thing that got me is they didnt put 0. before 3244
    Okay, thanks, stand corrected! Just seemed a bit of a curved ball when no other stock card seen so far has been decimal places of a penny, exam or tutorial. But hey, one to watch out for in future...
  • columbiacolumbia Experienced Mentor Posts: 580Registered
    You guys got me thinking now and I actually sat this exam and passed!! :lol:

It was a bit different to past papers if I recall correctly, and I know for a fact I did the last question totally wrong!!
    columbia wrote: »
    You guys got me thinking now and I actually sat this exam and passed!! :lol:

It was a bit different to past papers if I recall correctly, and I know for a fact I did the last question totally wrong!!

Aww i wish i could just get it out of the way - ive not enjoyed this unit and am really struggling with it did a paper yesterday and got it all wrong grrr
    I know exactly how you feel!

I am currently struggling to revise PEV and PCR. I do not enjoy management accounts at all, and with only a couple of weeks to go I am beginning to feel the pressure.

Did I send you the "chloe buys pink biscuits mum makes them" list?? Thought I did, so long as you remember all those formulas you will be fine!!!!!

If I didn't send you it then this posting is gonna look a bit random!!!
    columbia wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel!

I am currently struggling to revise PEV and PCR. I do not enjoy management accounts at all, and with only a couple of weeks to go I am beginning to feel the pressure.

Did I send you the "chloe buys pink biscuits mum makes them" list?? Thought I did, so long as you remember all those formulas you will be fine!!!!!

If I didn't send you it then this posting is gonna look a bit random!!!

you did thanks :thumbup: its helped no end!

Am currently at the "why do i put myself through this" stage
    I agree totally!

Just want to see an end to it all, and the management accounts are dragging me down!!

I confess to not understanding them properly therefore struggling to study them.

I'm going over past papers everday in the hope I will pass, I just want to get June exams out the way and hopefully pass so I can concentrate on taxation and then be finished!!

Good luck with your studies, 2 weeks prior to my exam I knew next to nothing, but I persevered over and over again with the papers until it clicked. I actually finished the exam and then sat a 3 hour skills test (wanted to do it all before the knowledge fell out my head!!!).

I have detailed notes at home so if I ever need to do any work relating to ECR etc I will be able to do it, just doubt it would all come to mind voluntarily!
  • EsmeEsme Experienced Mentor Posts: 711Registered
    Does anyone know an easy way of remembering the stock formulas? Reorder level, EOQ, Maximum sotck level, minimum stock level etc?