ECR June 07 Paper

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Is it me or is this paper confusing even on the very first question?

When i did the first question i had it at 0.32 but according to the answer it is 32.44.

Did anyone else also struggle with this one?

Comments

• Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I don't have the paper infront of me, but I think I made the same mistake, you need to change it from ยฃ to penny! 32.44p is ยฃ0.32
  • A-Vic
    yeah it stated that in the report after but the whole paper looked baly written.

Am hoping and praying we dont get a paper like that
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Ridiculous but they are pricing in two decimal places of a penny!! threw me too!
  • reddwarf
    It does say in the question to use two decimal places of a penny but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view - taught me to read the question throughly though!!!
  • A-Vic
    It does say in the question to use two decimal places of a penny but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view - taught me to read the question throughly though!!!

Thats one really good avantage very true
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    but this is quite bizarre and unrealistic in my view

Unrealistic how? It depends what you're doing. I've often had costs listed to the tenth or hundredth of a penny. Especially for things being purchased in great volumes; minor electronic components such as fuses for example, or cable purchased by the metre.
  • A-Vic
    Unrealistic how? It depends what you're doing. I've often had costs listed to the tenth or hundredth of a penny. Especially for things being purchased in great volumes; minor electronic components such as fuses for example, or cable purchased by the metre.

i think the thing that got me is they didnt put 0. before 3244
  • reddwarf
    Okay, thanks, stand corrected! Just seemed a bit of a curved ball when no other stock card seen so far has been decimal places of a penny, exam or tutorial. But hey, one to watch out for in future...
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    You guys got me thinking now and I actually sat this exam and passed!! :lol:

It was a bit different to past papers if I recall correctly, and I know for a fact I did the last question totally wrong!!
  • A-Vic
    You guys got me thinking now and I actually sat this exam and passed!! :lol:

It was a bit different to past papers if I recall correctly, and I know for a fact I did the last question totally wrong!!

Aww i wish i could just get it out of the way - ive not enjoyed this unit and am really struggling with it did a paper yesterday and got it all wrong grrr
  • columbia
    I know exactly how you feel!

I am currently struggling to revise PEV and PCR. I do not enjoy management accounts at all, and with only a couple of weeks to go I am beginning to feel the pressure.

Did I send you the "chloe buys pink biscuits mum makes them" list?? Thought I did, so long as you remember all those formulas you will be fine!!!!!

If I didn't send you it then this posting is gonna look a bit random!!!
  • A-Vic
    I know exactly how you feel!

I am currently struggling to revise PEV and PCR. I do not enjoy management accounts at all, and with only a couple of weeks to go I am beginning to feel the pressure.

Did I send you the "chloe buys pink biscuits mum makes them" list?? Thought I did, so long as you remember all those formulas you will be fine!!!!!

If I didn't send you it then this posting is gonna look a bit random!!!

you did thanks :thumbup: its helped no end!

Am currently at the "why do i put myself through this" stage
  • columbia
    I agree totally!

Just want to see an end to it all, and the management accounts are dragging me down!!

I confess to not understanding them properly therefore struggling to study them.

I'm going over past papers everday in the hope I will pass, I just want to get June exams out the way and hopefully pass so I can concentrate on taxation and then be finished!!

Good luck with your studies, 2 weeks prior to my exam I knew next to nothing, but I persevered over and over again with the papers until it clicked. I actually finished the exam and then sat a 3 hour skills test (wanted to do it all before the knowledge fell out my head!!!).

I have detailed notes at home so if I ever need to do any work relating to ECR etc I will be able to do it, just doubt it would all come to mind voluntarily!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Does anyone know an easy way of remembering the stock formulas? Reorder level, EOQ, Maximum sotck level, minimum stock level etc?
Privacy Policy