No motivation whatsoever....

Options
LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
5 days til my MAC exam and I haven't started studying yet :blushing:

I'm usually really, really bad at motivating myself to study but this year I seem even worse....last time round I left myself a week and somehow managed to pass, but I think I'm pushing it leaving myself 4 days :001_unsure:

I just can't be bothered....any advice on getting motivated??

Comments

  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    5 days til my MAC exam and I haven't started studying yet :blushing:

    I'm usually really, really bad at motivating myself to study but this year I seem even worse....last time round I left myself a week and somehow managed to pass, but I think I'm pushing it leaving myself 4 days :001_unsure:

    I just can't be bothered....any advice on getting motivated??

    Yeh get off the forums and open a book!! You addict :001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    5 days til my MAC exam and I haven't started studying yet :blushing:

    I'm usually really, really bad at motivating myself to study but this year I seem even worse....last time round I left myself a week and somehow managed to pass, but I think I'm pushing it leaving myself 4 days :001_unsure:

    I just can't be bothered....any advice on getting motivated??

    Come on Matt....do you really want to throw away all the hard work that you have already put in to get you here!!!!!:001_wub:

    If you just put that last bit of effort in......you won't have to go through this exam again.....you must have had a good reason to want to achieve this qualification...........YOU CAN DO IT.........
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Ok, son. How about this for motivation.....

    Study, and study hard or you go back in the box!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Cullen wrote: »
    Ok, son. How about this for motivation.....

    Study, and study hard or you go back in the box!

    :lol::lol::lol: Matt I'm so surprised at you, I thought you were so together and on top of everything. Great to hear you're as bad as the rest of us! :laugh:

    I'm sure you can do it, I didn't even register for the MAC exam and even though I paid for DFS I decided not to sit it before I went on holiday as I hadn't done any revision and would have just worried about it all through my hols. I would have chanced it but as I have to travel from Sheffield to Immingham I decided it just wasn't worth it.

    Come on leader I need you to go for it and shame me into getting my head down :blushing:

    Seriously, best of luck, you're a very intelligent guy, just get you head in those books :glare:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Rachey wrote: »
    Yeh get off the forums and open a book!! You addict :001_tt2:

    I'm not an addict!

    I just come out in a cold sweat and start to shake if I don't come on these boards..... :001_unsure:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jilt wrote: »
    :lol::lol::lol: Matt I'm so surprised at you, I thought you were so together and on top of everything. Great to hear you're as bad as the rest of us! :laugh:

    I know you're suprised....but behind this well mannered, handsome, intelligent and - most of all - modest persona I have created on these boards, lies the laziest sob you're likely to meet.....but a damn handsome sob!! :cool2:

    :laugh:
    jilt wrote: »
    I'm sure you can do it, I didn't even register for the MAC exam and even though I paid for DFS I decided not to sit it before I went on holiday as I hadn't done any revision and would have just worried about it all through my hols. I would have chanced it but as I have to travel from Sheffield to Immingham I decided it just wasn't worth it.

    Come on leader I need you to go for it and shame me into getting my head down :blushing:

    Seriously, best of luck, you're a very intelligent guy, just get you head in those books :glare:

    Don't worry, your Dear Leader has taken steps to sort himself out, I've booked tomorrow off work, so if you catch me on here then, you can *shoot me


    *shoot me a stern letter of complaint btw...
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Don't worry, your Dear Leader has taken steps to sort himself out, I've booked tomorrow off work, so if you catch me on here then, you can *shoot me


    *shoot me a stern letter of complaint btw...

    Might not get on much myself tomorrow as I'm working elsewhere so I hope your father will be keeping an eye out.............................. yes Cullen?
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Come on....YOU CAN DO IT...
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    OMG i am completely the same. I don't really get anything, I'm doing DFS, MAC, BTC whilst woking full time, planning a wedding and rushing up and down Surrey to see sick family. Major stress! am going to spend all weekend studying
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Primble wrote: »
    OMG i am completely the same. I don't really get anything, I'm doing DFS, MAC, BTC whilst woking full time, planning a wedding and rushing up and down Surrey to see sick family. Major stress! am going to spend all weekend studying

    The good thing for me is - for first time since foundation - I'm only sitting the one exam, MAC. Don't know how you motivate yourself for 3 exams...
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i plan to study all weekend, whilst having the forum on and eating choc
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes, thats what I "plan" to do as well.....wish me luck :001_unsure:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Me three theyve just opened a poundland here today so off for supplies and warned anyone stay away unless you have already done AAT :lol:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Me three theyve just opened a poundland here today so off for supplies and warned anyone stay away unless you have already done AAT :lol:

    Good Luck:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

    Be thinking of you.....ALL....of you................YOU CAN DO IT
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    Good Luck:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

    Be thinking of you.....ALL....of you................YOU CAN DO IT

    Thanks Dianne :001_smile:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Well Number 1 Son's housemate (or heterosexual life partner, as they refer to each other, is it a bromance?) is doing DFS next week and is round every evening so we can go through old papers.

    It's incredibly good fun! (If I sound enthusiastic it helps me get through it all...)

    If you want Matt you can join in. We all keep our clothes on though! Can you find your way to Essex? Follow the Thames....
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Cullen wrote: »
    Well Number 1 Son's housemate (or heterosexual life partner, as they refer to each other, is it a bromance?) is doing DFS next week and is round every evening so we can go through old papers.

    It's incredibly good fun! (If I sound enthusiastic it helps me get through it all...)

    If you want Matt you can join in. We all keep our clothes on though! Can you find your way to Essex? Follow the Thames....

    A study class where you keep your clothes on!?!?! :thumbdown:

    :laugh:

    Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it, I study better on my own.....anyway, I can't have you distracting me with threats of the box.....its not a box but a bloody coffin :crying:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    A study class where you keep your clothes on!?!?! :thumbdown:


    I am not taking any exams........good luck to all those who are....but can I come to your study class Matt:lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Diannew wrote: »
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    A study class where you keep your clothes on!?!?! :thumbdown:


    I am not taking any exams........good luck to all those who are....but can I come to your study class Matt:lol::lol:

    hey dianne ...............thought you were mine ?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

    a study group were everyone gets naked.........sounds like a late night show on virgin ??
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    5 days til my MAC exam and I haven't started studying yet :blushing:

    So Matt, how did it go?
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jilt wrote: »
    So Matt, how did it go?

    I found it alright, almost made a really stupid mistake late on, but noticed it in time and managed to correct myself....I've checked my answers with others on here and they match up pretty well, so I'm quietly confident I'll pass :thumbup:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    I found it alright, almost made a really stupid mistake late on, but noticed it in time and managed to correct myself....I've checked my answers with others on here and they match up pretty well, so I'm quietly confident I'll pass :thumbup:

    That's good to hear , well done :001_smile: It's time I was getting back to studying or I won't be sitting them again in December, I'll hold the record for studying tech level over the longest period of time :lol::lol: ................... although Di has promised to bully me into studying :tongue_smilie:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    well i hoping that you studies hard for it ?
Privacy Policy