Sony Ericsson W980 - Help!!!!

X5wrangler
X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi guys,
just a quick question. got me this lovely phone but at the moment it has one "fault" with it and I don't know how to sort it. Basically, when the phone is closed it has a very snazzy screen that has the icons etc on it but when I get a text message, the message actually scrolls up the screen for all to see :blushing: Er herm.:001_unsure::ohmy:
Can I switch this off to just tell me I have a message??? Anyone help please?
Thanks
Mandy

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hiya,

I have the 890i which is due for renewal in Dec. I haven't had this problem and don't know if my phone has that feature - but i'm pretty sure that if it did you'd be able to disable it in the message settings - sort of like how Microsoft has an enable / disable reading preview pane on incoming email messages, you must be able to do a similar thing on you mobile settings?

I have had a look on google though for you and it's not a common enough query to have come up on the first couple of pages.

Eternally Yours sweet cheeks ** shh don't tell H **
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    No idea Mandy but wouldn't surprise me if it was an inherent flaw with the phone. My Samsung - though not as bad as your problem - displays the name of the sender in huge letters, very unlike Nokia's more discreet "Text Message Received" logo...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    samsung...........nokia better by a land slide !
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Umm, thanks both. Will just have to keep the darn thing in my pocket!!!! Know what you mean Rob, did like the nokia for it's discretion......!!!!

:laugh: Thanks J, H hasn't thrown any insults at me yet so she doesn't know. :blushing:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    but im finding out that the bigger the screen you have the more scratches you get !!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i have a samsung slide thing and it is the most sensitive phone i have ever had. it is a nightmare for texting and i just cannot get along with it at all.

my contract is due in september and am looking at a blackberry type thing - anyone have anything else they can recommend?

Tracy
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i have a samsung slide thing and it is the most sensitive phone i have ever had. it is a nightmare for texting and i just cannot get along with it at all.
    Tracy
    You've gone and hurt it's feelings now what with it being so sensitive and all.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    tee hee - i should maybe have whispered that - do you think it overheard?

Tracy
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Nokia or Sony Ericsson. My mum and dad upgraded their phones last week, and asked the manager of the Orange store, with whom they have a good relationship, to recommend phones for them. He recommended a Nokia 5800 for my dad as it has a large screen (he uses it in his truck), and a SE c950 for my mum.
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thanks J, H hasn't thrown any insults at me yet so she doesn't know. :blushing:

Hmm.
Privacy Policy