Sony Ericsson W980 - Help!!!!

Options
X5wrangler
X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi guys,
just a quick question. got me this lovely phone but at the moment it has one "fault" with it and I don't know how to sort it. Basically, when the phone is closed it has a very snazzy screen that has the icons etc on it but when I get a text message, the message actually scrolls up the screen for all to see :blushing: Er herm.:001_unsure::ohmy:
Can I switch this off to just tell me I have a message??? Anyone help please?
Thanks
Mandy

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hiya,

I have the 890i which is due for renewal in Dec. I haven't had this problem and don't know if my phone has that feature - but i'm pretty sure that if it did you'd be able to disable it in the message settings - sort of like how Microsoft has an enable / disable reading preview pane on incoming email messages, you must be able to do a similar thing on you mobile settings?

I have had a look on google though for you and it's not a common enough query to have come up on the first couple of pages.

Eternally Yours sweet cheeks ** shh don't tell H **
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    No idea Mandy but wouldn't surprise me if it was an inherent flaw with the phone. My Samsung - though not as bad as your problem - displays the name of the sender in huge letters, very unlike Nokia's more discreet "Text Message Received" logo...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    samsung...........nokia better by a land slide !
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Umm, thanks both. Will just have to keep the darn thing in my pocket!!!! Know what you mean Rob, did like the nokia for it's discretion......!!!!

:laugh: Thanks J, H hasn't thrown any insults at me yet so she doesn't know. :blushing:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    but im finding out that the bigger the screen you have the more scratches you get !!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i have a samsung slide thing and it is the most sensitive phone i have ever had. it is a nightmare for texting and i just cannot get along with it at all.

my contract is due in september and am looking at a blackberry type thing - anyone have anything else they can recommend?

Tracy
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i have a samsung slide thing and it is the most sensitive phone i have ever had. it is a nightmare for texting and i just cannot get along with it at all.
    Tracy
    You've gone and hurt it's feelings now what with it being so sensitive and all.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    tee hee - i should maybe have whispered that - do you think it overheard?

Tracy
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Nokia or Sony Ericsson. My mum and dad upgraded their phones last week, and asked the manager of the Orange store, with whom they have a good relationship, to recommend phones for them. He recommended a Nokia 5800 for my dad as it has a large screen (he uses it in his truck), and a SE c950 for my mum.
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Thanks J, H hasn't thrown any insults at me yet so she doesn't know. :blushing:

Hmm.
Privacy Policy