Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Good MORNING all!!!!!!!

Sorry you are still tired AK....need to have three weetabix..

Glad to see you are feeling fresh Jill LOL I was working sunday also x

I don't like weetabix..
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    I don't like weetabix..

Nah nasty stuff, like sawdust with milk on!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Nah nasty stuff, like sawdust with milk on!

I'd still rather it than shredded wheat though, yuk.
  • jilt
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I'd still rather it than shredded wheat though, yuk.

I quite like shreddies, the honey and nut flavoured ones particularly.
  • CJC
    Yeah, shreddies are OK, it's the bog-standard, tastes-like-cardboard SW I was thinking of.

I'm on Jordan's Fruit and Nut Crunchie for brekkie at the moment though as I'm sure you're glad to know.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    good afternoon everyone . how was everyones weekend ????

how come we are on the brekki talk ?
  • jilt
    I'm on Jordan's Fruit and Nut Crunchie for brekkie at the moment though as I'm sure you're glad to know.

Your welfare is always my utmost concern CJC
    good afternoon everyone . how was everyones weekend ????

how come we are on the brekki talk ?

It's Di's fault, she started it, wait while we move onto lunch lol
  • mark130273
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Your welfare is always my utmost concern CJC

It's Di's fault, she started it, wait while we move onto lunch lol

why am i not shocked that di started it !!!!!
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    why am i not shocked that di started it !!!!!

Hey ypu cheeky chops.....I was only looking after poor AK LOL in my good samaratin mood....well I was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CJC
    Health update: Lunch was Thai chicken noodle soup, I make a big batch and have usually some in the freezer, for a quick, easy and low-fat meal. Then down the gym and now reluctantly back to work. Anyone would think I was fit and energetic.
  • AK002
    Hey ypu cheeky chops.....I was only looking after poor AK LOL in my good samaratin mood....well I was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww that makes a bloody change!!! :lol:
  • mark130273
    afternoon everyone !!
  • AK002
    afternoon everyone !!

Awright fud nut LOL
  • mark130273
    Awright fud nut LOL

alwright back at ya !!!
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Pedometer

I really would like to lose a stone before Christmas. I lost 2 stones over the past 18 month and just leveled off over the last few months.

And so I have bought myself a pedometer with the aim of taking 10,000 steps a day as well as no snacking. The evening is my worst time.

I have taken 9,361 steps today already, any one else used one of these little gadgets?

Any one else need some weight loss support?

Julia
  • CJC
    I've lost about a stone in the past three months through going down the gym, swimming and cutting the worst of the rubbish out of my diet. Could easily use to loose at least another couple of stones though. I lost a lot last year before I had shoulder problems that meant I couldn't work out and I put the lot back on and then some. I've hit a bit of a plateaux too at the moment but I'm slowly losing the tum again. Biscuits are my main downfall, it's a legacy from stopping smoking when biscuits replaced a ciggie with coffee
  • Poodle
    I've lost about a stone in the past few months through going down the gym, swimming and cutting the worst of the rubbish out of my diet. Could easily use to loose at least another couple of stones though. I lost a lot last year before I had shoulder problems that meant I couldn't work out and I put the lot back on and then some. I've hit a bit of a plateaux too at the moment but I'm slowly losing the tum again. Biscuits are my main downfall, it's a legacy from stopping smoking when biscuits replaced a ciggie with coffee

Well done on going to the gym, I find them utterly boring places myself. Perhaps your plateaux is muscle build up, since muscle weighs more than fat. You might think that you are not losing when in fact you are.

I am finding raw carrots a good substitute to biscuits and evening munchies, you cannot dunk them but at least you can pre prepare them and keep a couple in the fridge.

I was fat at forty and would just like to be slim at fifty:)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Poodle wrote: ยป
    Well done on going to the gym, I find them utterly boring places myself. Perhaps your plateaux is muscle build up, since muscle weighs more than fat. You might think that you are not losing when in fact you are.

I am finding raw carrots a good substitute to biscuits and evening munchies, you cannot dunk them but at least you can pre prepare them and keep a couple in the fridge.

I was fat at forty and would just like to be slim at fifty:)

Natural Yoghat and tomatoe puree mixed (bit like thousand island dressing) make a healthy dip for carrots and tasty too
  • Poodle
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Natural Yoghat and tomatoe puree mixed (bit like thousand island dressing) make a healthy dip for carrots and tasty too

Not a fan of natural yoghart and it sounds a bit of an odd mix, but willing to give it a go. How much puree to a small pot of yoghart?
  • A-Vic
    Poodle wrote: ยป
    Not a fan of natural yoghart and it sounds a bit of an odd mix, but willing to give it a go. How much puree to a small pot of yoghart?

Just a couple of table spoons but add more for taste and even if you like a kick add a bit of paprika
  • AK002
    No - I'm a fat c**t.
  • Poodle
    No - I'm a fat c**t.

Wash ye mouth out with soap !! LOL
  • AK002
    LOL sorry :lol:
  • A-Vic
    hang your head in shame tut (nar na na narrr na you got told offrrrfff) :lol:
  • AK002
    hang your head in shame tut (nar na na narrr na you got told offrrrfff) :lol:

Muahahaha i'm a bad boy (H)
  • CJC
    Well, I can't say that going to the gym is the most exciting thing in the world and I much prefer swimming. The problem with the local pool is that it's mostly focussed on schools during term time and has limited public hours which tend to be quite busy except at weekends. Never been much of one for walking and I prefer the intensity you can get at the gym.

I keep telling myself that I'm losing weight so slowly because I'm putting on muscle but I'm not sure I'm totally convinced :001_smile:

I'm not much of a snacker, though my diabetic meds mean I do need a few carbs before bed just to make sure that I keep my blood sugar levels stable overnight.
  • CJC
    No - I'm a fat c**t.
    Yeah, I always thought you were a clot!
  • A-Vic
    You know what i was kind of laughing to myself just noticed the amount of people on-line today was quite a few but 90% of the time (excluding exam and results time) its just the same old faces. Make you feel kinda used tut :lol:
  • A-Vic
    Sorry am really bored and fighting sleep need distraction and the words forum just isnt doing it for me
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry am really bored and fighting sleep need distraction and the words forum just isnt doing it for me

You can come and help me with the year end...that will stop the boredom LOL

Or maybe not...something more exciting................
Privacy Policy