Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป
    morning all

woke up to a foot of snow here. it is lethal as the snow from last time had not gone so it is just mounds of ice with a layer of snow now.

must try and not go out anywhere....they are warning on the radio to make only necessary journeys. now for them to say that over here, it must be bad.

Oh happy days!!!

have a good day y'all

Tracy

well so glad you have the snow........ not too bad here ..jsut a bit of cloud and thats it..

how is everyone to day !
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well so glad you have the snow........ not too bad here ..jsut a bit of cloud and thats it..

how is everyone to day !
    Tired, bored and at work! :) No snow here either, but I can't say I mind!

How are you today?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    -17 this morning, even my wet nose froze going into work this morning

have to drink lots of hot coffee today :)

Tracy
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    -17 this morning, even my wet nose froze going into work this morning

have to drink lots of hot coffee today :)

Tracy

Sounds a bit chilly then, Tracy. Must be treacherous under foot
  • taskey
    it certainly is. I have been in germany for the majority of my life and i have never known the schools to close, yesterday they were all home by 2pm.. buses arrived this morning but i am waiting for news on the radio to see if they are closed early today.
  • farmergiles
    it certainly is. I have been in germany for the majority of my life and i have never known the schools to close, yesterday they were all home by 2pm.. buses arrived this morning but i am waiting for news on the radio to see if they are closed early today.

I remember the bad winter in 62/63 and they tell us the winter we have just had was as bad. I don't think it was but the doom mongers would have us believe it. I think you must be having one of the worst for Germany for a few decades.Just the natural cycle of mother nature, nothing to do with climatechange/global warming.

take care, we don't want to hear of you in plaster, just plastered..lol
  • taskey
    lol thanks FG, we have our xmas party tonight so i will try my hardest to get plastered (and i do mean in the good way).

Tracy
  • farmergiles
    lol thanks FG, we have our xmas party tonight so i will try my hardest to get plastered (and i do mean in the good way).

Tracy

Bit late for a xmas party or do they do things a bit differently in Germany
  • taskey
    xmas is really busy in the messes as we have so many functions, then once the regiments are stood down over xmas, all the staff have to take their leave, so january is the only time we can really do any staff parties.

we are going to a mexican restaurant who serve up delicious cocktails so the general concensus is to go there. it is a strange doo as i work with only 2 other brits and the rest are germans and polish. so the conversations at the table do get quite funny once the cocktails and beer starts to flow.
  • farmergiles
    xmas is really busy in the messes as we have so many functions, then once the regiments are stood down over xmas, all the staff have to take their leave, so january is the only time we can really do any staff parties.

we are going to a mexican restaurant who serve up delicious cocktails so the general concensus is to go there. it is a strange doo as i work with only 2 other brits and the rest are germans and polish. so the conversations at the table do get quite funny once the cocktails and beer starts to flow.

It sounds like it will be fun, enoy yourself
  • Rinske
    Oh, I do hope you enjoy it! Mexican restaurant with cocktails sounds like a lovely place for a party!
    Just remember you have to go back outside afterwards, so best dress up very warm if you had any alcohol, or you will freeze!
  • taskey
    I cannot even wear pretty shoes, i am going out in big snowboots as it is gonna be cold tonight and we are due more snow.

i am really lucky that i work with someone who does not drink, so he is our taxi. i will just have to tell him to go and get the car warmed before i get in it, do you think that is cheeky..............
  • farmergiles
    I cannot even wear pretty shoes, i am going out in big snowboots as it is gonna be cold tonight and we are due more snow.

i am really lucky that i work with someone who does not drink, so he is our taxi. i will just have to tell him to go and get the car warmed before i get in it, do you think that is cheeky..............

that's just a normal "girly" trick....lol
  • farmergiles
    Thanks for the wishes of "Good luck" on the other thread. I'll report back afterwards.
  • Rinske
    Again, Good luck! Hope it's a nice job and that you get it!

As for the party tonight, just tell him that it's more dangerous for you to get cold, because of all the alcohol. Should be a good enough reason! :)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Again, Good luck! Hope it's a nice job and that you get it!

As for the party tonight, just tell him that it's more dangerous for you to get cold, because of all the alcohol. Should be a good enough reason! :)

cant belive we are nearly at 300 pages on this thread....

im off to snooker tonight as i play in a league and taking some relief time before the big countdown comes !
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    cant belive we are nearly at 300 pages on this thread....

im off to snooker tonight as i play in a league and taking some relief time before the big countdown comes !

im to a good workout tonight :)

see you all later or tomorrow!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am having a nice relaxing time listening to the radio instead of studying. I managed to sleep for ten hours last night and I was still tired at work!

McDonalds burger after work and I am still full two hours later!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have McDonalds once a year - not because they fill me but because they're f*cking horrible. And can you believe that they employ 85,000 people in the UK?

Good to see this thread still going strong months after it was started! We're on course to beat the old Study Buddy thread unless those other (cheating) Word threads get there first.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Good to see this thread still going strong months after it was started! We're on course to beat the old Study Buddy thread unless those other (cheating) Word threads get there first.[/QUOTE]

Then stop posting on them!! LOL :) shame there are no other smilies I can use??!!
  • blobbyh
    Me old mucker Rowchard - or at least the Rowan half - is currently reporting a post and there's a good chance it's one of mine. So if I don't appear here for a while can someone please fill in for me with sorting out the children?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey peter

so how was it huni??????
  • blobbyh
    Are you on the wrong thread here Vic or did you just write the first thing that came into your head?
  • troy
    Are you on the wrong thread here Vic or did you just write the first thing that came into your head?

No....KEEP UP!!!

She is waiting for a response from FG bout his job interview!!???
  • A-Vic

Oi not got enough on wana start something pud um up lolol :lol:
  • blobbyh
    Sorry Troy, I don't often slum it in the Chat forums so am a little out of touch.

Think you're man enough to take me on Vic?
  • troy
    I don't think that you need to encourage ANY MORE trouble LOL :)
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Me old mucker Rowchard - or at least the Rowan half - is currently reporting a post and there's a good chance it's one of mine. So if I don't appear here for a while can someone please fill in for me with sorting out the children?

Who are they are where did they come from??? I'm just about to start settlement discount but now I'm too confused to even look at it

They cant be for real though surely no two people are that consistently irritating they just wont let it lie. Has to be the same person reminds me on *datainputter*
  • A-Vic
    Sorry Troy, I don't often slum it in the Chat forums so am a little out of touch.

Think you're man enough to take me on Vic?

Hell yeah big boy bring it on lol
  • blobbyh
    Would you mind not calling me big boy out in public?
Privacy Policy