Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    troy wrote: ยป
    Thanks for ruining it for me....I was hoping to keep people talking for longer.

And just to clarify,FG can take up to 2 hours for lunch...he just chooses to take only half hour.

I am NOT a hard task master LOL

Mind you, it is hard to resist when the boss says "Come on, 2 hour lunch". I didn't realise she meant at "Aunt Sallys Greasy spoon"....lol
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Who are they are where did they come from??? I'm just about to start settlement discount but now I'm too confused to even look at it

They cant be for real though surely no two people are that consistently irritating they just wont let it lie. Has to be the same person reminds me on *datainputter*

Richard and I are two different people, and I resent yours and Blobby's attempts to victimise me through conflating our identities. Please don't do this again.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    RowanB wrote: ยป
    Richard and I are two different people, and I resent yours and Blobby's attempts to victimise me through conflating our identities. Please don't do this again.

Good grief 5th thread you have wined in, havnt you anything better at 2.55 in the morning to do like sleep perhaps.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Good grief 5th thread you have wined in, havnt you anything better at 2.55 in the morning to do like sleep perhaps.
    Sleep is for the sane and the weak, I guess he doesn't fall in that category.
  • return2sender
    return2sender Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    We'll never dieee, we'll never dieee, we'll never diee we'll never diee, we'll keep the red flag flying high, cos man utd will never die :-)
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Sleep is for the sane and the weak, I guess he doesn't fall in that category.

i must be sane and weak i love to sleep
  • Rinske
    Sane or weak I would say :)

I love sleep, but never seem to get enough!
  • Marga
    Sane or weak I would say :)

I love sleep, but never seem to get enough!

welcome to the club!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Marga wrote: ยป
    welcome to the club!

the club ? whats the club?
  • Rinske
    I just joined the IDGES club (I-don't-get-enough-sleep-club) :)
  • Marga
    I just joined the IDGES club (I-don't-get-enough-sleep-club) :)

i am the president
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Count me in too.
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    A-Vic wrote: ยป

I agree Vic.

Hopefully, Blobby's childish antics in trying to victimise me through persistent regurgitation of petty incidents where I retaliated to anti-graduate bigotry with a reminder of the increased technical demands of quantitative subjects at degree level and how hard students have to work for those qualifications, and his underhand ploy in using Richard's 'dubious reputation' (as Blobby describes it) to try and tarnish my own, will come to an end.

Ironically, I now think Primble, whose comment I overreacted to is a really nice person, and it's such a shame that Blobby's immaturity in trying to gain pathetic kudos through exploiting this superficial conflict is threatening to undo the improved relationship we now enjoy as well as damaging the quality of this forum as a means of discussing accounting.

All I want to do here, is talk AAT, but until the insidious games of certain posters ceases, we're going to keep suffering from disruptive disputes. :(
  • A-Vic
    RowanB wrote: ยป
    I agree Vic.

Hopefully, Blobby's childish antics in trying to victimise me through persistent regurgitation of petty incidents where I retaliated to anti-graduate bigotry with a reminder of the increased technical demands of quantitative subjects at degree level and how hard students have to work for those qualifications, and his underhand ploy in using Richard's 'dubious reputation' (as Blobby describes it) to try and tarnish my own, will come to an end.

Ironically, I now think Primble, whose comment I overreacted to is a really nice person, and it's such a shame that Blobby's immaturity in trying to gain pathetic kudos in exploiting this superficial conflict is threatening to undo the improved relationship we now enjoy as well as the quality of this forum as a means of discussing accounting.

All I want to do here, is talk AAT, but until the conniving games of certain posters ceases, we're going to keep suffering from disruptive disputes. :(

you know what id like to say welcome to a very special list its excusive and highly recommended i think you are only the seconed person to be included.

you have been welcomed because of the antics of the last couple of weeks and most importantly the bloody bore factor.

Ignore list and byeee
  • Marga
    so who else is in the club?
    i need a vice president
  • farmergiles
    so who else is in the club?
    i need a vice president

I'm free!!!! lol but not until after Sundays deadline
  • Rinske
    What does a vice president need to do?

Sit up, look pretty and take care of the tea and coffee with snacks?
    In that case, I miss the look pretty bit, but happy to provide the rest! Expenses fully covered of course... :)
  • farmergiles
    I'm free!!!! lol but not until after Sundays deadline

Change of plans ,I'm afraid. Can't do it now, need to conserve my energy for 2 hour lunches with Troy, starting Monday!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Change of plans ,I'm afraid. Can't do it now, need to conserve my energy for 2 hour lunches with Troy, starting Monday!!

woop woop well done FG
  • farmergiles
    Thanks, Tracey.
    You're not snowed in yet, are you?
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Its the end of the tax month so, ladies, have a laugh on me :)

The only thing that the Government has not taxed yet is the male penis.

This is due to the fact that 69% of the time it is hanging around unemployed, 10% of the time it is hard up, 20% of the time it is pissed off and 1% of the time it is in a hole.

On top of that, it has two dependants and they are both nuts!

HOWEVER: effective January 1st, 2010, the penis will now be taxed according to size:
    The brackets are as follows:

5 - 10 cm. Nuisance Tax 20.00

10 - 20 cm. Privilege Tax 100.00

20 - 25 cm Pole Tax 200.00

25 - 30 cm Luxury Tax 300.00

Males exceeding 30 cm must file capital gains.

Those under 10 cm are eligible for a tax refund.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN EXTENSION...
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I don't have ยฃ300 left to pay... :(
  • Marga

I think the female in the partnership should be claiming capital gains ....
  • A-Vic
    lmao thats the funnest thing ive seen this month haha
  • farmergiles

I think the female in the partnership should be claiming capital gains ....

and wear and tear???
  • Rinske
    and wear and tear???
    Wear and tear is expected... :)
  • farmergiles
    I had a rant many moons ago about bookkeepers who took Institute of Bookkeeper exams, got operating certificates and had absolutely no experience at all.
    I am just correcting a set of books where all bank interest charged has been netted off against income. There are umpteen other errors as well.
    To say that I am p'eed off at this time of the year is to put it mildly. I can see a premium being charged for these accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not aimed at those members of the ICB who have experience and do a good job, just the numpties who think they can do it when they have had no practice or accounts office experience!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Just been for a nice shopping trip in Central London. Coffee and cakes in carluccios also a hazelnut hot chocolate in Starbucks. Now watching T.V. and just generally relaxing.

Aren't Saturdays the best day of the week?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Does anyone live in Hastings?
  • A-Vic
    not sure jill but there was some kinda famous battle in that neck of the woods a few years back lol
Privacy Policy