earn a degree while doing ACCA ?

Options
steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Please don't laugh if this is a stupid question, but did I hear somewhere that you can earn a degree while doing the ACCA ?

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes you did!

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/bsc/

Not being an ACCA student I don't know that much about it, but it appears you do a dissertation-type thing in addition to your ACCA exams and can earn a degree from Oxford Brookes in Applied Accounting.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    So I'm not going mad then !!

I never thought it possible that I could ever have a degree especially after not going onto college and university from school and now studying something that I enjoy it is possible (well I'm only on AAT advanced certificate at the moment. So still got a while to go.LoL)

Also, is it possible to work in the public sector with ACCA? as I know that this is more practice based where as the CIMA is more industry based.
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There is a large number of ACCA accountants working in the public sector. In terms of membership ist ranks second to CIPFA, and in terms of students it is the largest. Remember ACCA's roots are not in private practice but as corporate accountants in commerce and industry.
Privacy Policy