taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    5 i wish
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Found them

Hi Vic,

A very good question. I too do have a printed list, but cannot attach it, so will put it on a post. For some reason I can only get the 2008 guideline on the website today but i do have the 2009 version saved on my laptop luckily.

So ....for anyone sitting DFS December 2009 and using 'A students guide to IFRS' this is what you need to know.

The orange chapters (all of them!)

The Framework(chapter 1)
    IAS 1
    IAS 2
    IAS 7
    IAS 8
    IAS 10
    IAS 16
    IAS 18
    IAS 37
    IAS 38

The Green chapters! (not all)

IAS 12
    IAS 17
    IAS 23
    IAS 33
    IAS 36
    IAS 40
    IFRS 5

From the blue chapters

IAS 27
    IFRS 3
    IAS 28

From the red chapters (only 1 ..yea!!)

IFRS 8 (examinable for the first time this December).

Hope that helps

Clare

PS Remember if you continue onto ACCA or CIMA you need the others then!!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24075

But as steve collings advises dont spend ages trying to learn them you prob know a majority of them anyway
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    5 ???? more like 30

Have a search there is a forum i posted regarding the same thing

Thats what we got told at Kaplan. theres dozens of them i know, but we got told there are 5 you may be tested on for this sitting
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Thats what we got told at Kaplan. theres dozens of them i know, but we got told there are 5 you may be tested on for this sitting

Well the post i put was from a kaplin book writer (clair Finch) so id at least get a basic knowlege of them she put
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Also according to the sylabus

https://www.aat.org.uk/servlet/file/Unit_11_DFS_guidance_notes_revised_Feb_09.doc?ITEM_ENT_ID=13990&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=125

Unless your thinking of the definitions Asset, Liabilities, Expenses, (sorry i forget the other two)
  • messedup89
    Options
    theres always loads of things to learn but tutors get tips from examiners.
    For example; PEV/PCR June sitting - there was loads of ratios to remember, but on our kaplan revision class we got told by the tutors a couple of ratios which would definately come up on the exam, and other things which had a good chance of coming up on the exam, or would be in the exam (which they w told from examiners)
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Well i didnt take that chance my tutor last year told us for sure the process costing question would definatley not be in the exam and there it was.

Sorry but if kaplin knew what was in the exam they would have 100% pass rate ????
  • messedup89
    Options
    obviously they dont know everything thats in the exam - there just told little buts when they go to these meeting things
  • A-Vic
    Options
    And thats what am saying why not get a litlle knowlege of all of them rather than trying to second guess whats in the exam.

I am far from an expert and am struggling like the rest of people on here.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I dont have a tutor, I'm on home study, I dont really think it's fair for tutors to give ANY information about exams.
  • messedup89
    Options
    if the tutors have been given the information by the examiners to pass on to the students then its fair. Its stupid and unfair to expect students to remember 30 standards plus everything else. It helps
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    I know it's unfair! I dont have ANY pointers, distance learners have to learn everything too!!! I just think that those with tutors get an unfair advantage if they are given 'clues' as what's in exams.
  • messedup89
    Options
    lol thats probably why it costs us more. Can u not ring up and see if they have any pointers or not? The place u got your books from?
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    It costs you more as you can have one to one if needed, or at least someone explaining WHY you're doing something, instead of just showing you how to do it.
    I'm lucky, I've got two mates who've done AAT, they sit me down sometimes and talk to me like a 3 year old, then it sinks in!
    Dont get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you!! I'm more jealous as I dont have anyone to give me tips on what will be in the damn exams.
    I've studying at work (shhhh heehee)
    Good luck with your exams
  • messedup89
    Options
    lol i guess that makes us even then, aside from my tutor i dont have any help.
    Good luck too :)
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Dobbie the revision courses are great for just that Steve collins is runing one in manchester and the AAT are also runing the same sort of courses :)
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    That's great, but I live near Cambridge!!! lol.
    Thanks though, it's appreciated.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Try logging into your AAT i know they have them All over
Privacy Policy